Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Path to Linux / Unix Systems Administrator Post 302415842 by treesloth on Friday 23rd of April 2010 12:52:30 PM
Old 04-23-2010
Where I work, we know that it's tough to gain experience, so we tend to look favorably on people that can work on home projects and show good results. I've hired people on the basis of a server they set up at home. They showed me a working LAMP environment with mail server and Samba. I asked them to make certain specific configuration changes and perform tasks-- adding a new domain, new user, performing a backup, creating a new share, etc. Even though it wasn't a professional environment, they showed they could learn. I don't know how common it is that non-professional work is accepted as evidence of ability, but we look on it very favorably.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

UNIX Systems Administrator Opportunity

Optiver is a worldwide market maker and derivatives trading firm with offices strategically located in Chicago, Amsterdam and Sydney. Attracting very ambitious, talented and results-oriented individuals to become members of a highly selective trading and support group is a primary contributor to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb S.
0 Replies
SSS_USERDEL(8)							 SSSD Manual pages						    SSS_USERDEL(8)

NAME
sss_userdel - delete a user account SYNOPSIS
sss_userdel [options] LOGIN DESCRIPTION
sss_userdel deletes a user identified by login name LOGIN from the system. OPTIONS
-h,--help Display help message and exit. -r,--remove Files in the user's home directory will be removed along with the home directory itself and the user's mail spool. Overrides the configuration. -R,--no-remove Files in the user's home directory will NOT be removed along with the home directory itself and the user's mail spool. Overrides the configuration. -f,--force This option forces sss_userdel to remove the user's home directory and mail spool, even if they are not owned by the specified user. -k,--kick Before actually deleting the user, terminate all his processes. THE LOCAL DOMAIN
In order to function correctly, a domain with "id_provider=local" must be created and the SSSD must be running. The administrator might want to use the SSSD local users instead of traditional UNIX users in cases where the group nesting (see sss_groupadd(8)) is needed. The local users are also useful for testing and development of the SSSD without having to deploy a full remote server. The sss_user* and sss_group* tools use a local LDB storage to store users and groups. SEE ALSO
sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_usermod(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
03/04/2013 SSS_USERDEL(8)