Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scuba Divers on the Site?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Scuba Divers on the Site? Post 302415740 by Celtic_Monkey on Friday 23rd of April 2010 08:35:26 AM
Old 04-23-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hey! Thanks!

A friend is flying in from Tokyo in June and she wants to learn to dive (her first dive). We plan to be in Samui in June and have been looking at a number of dive schools (there are so many there).

In the past, the main limit to my zeal for diving has been the trouble I have with my sinuses and ear equalization. The guys at the dive shop where I am now told me that the more I dive consistently, the easier the "ear equalization" thing will be. I sure hope so! It is "the ear thing" that holds me back from really enjoying this great sport.
Absolutley - as long as there's no medical reason (ie it's a technique issue) it'll soon come.

Do it often as you decend (before you have too if that makes sense) and it's easier - if you wait until your ears tell you it's time to do it - it's harder as the pressure is already there - that hurts.... every couple of seconds as you go down and no problems

if you have problems with the pinch / blow method try the pinch / swallow first. **** no smutty comments guys :-) ****

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies
pppoesd.conf(4) 					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						   pppoesd.conf(4)

NAME
pppoesd.conf - PPPoE (Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet) server configuration file DESCRIPTION
is the configuration file for the daemon. This file is read by to initialize the server. The default file is You can use this file to set parameters for each network interface used by during PPPoE sessions. Each entry in the file is of the following format: Each entry in the configuration file is separated by a blank line. Blank lines and lines that begin with are ignored. Parameters contains the following parameters: Specify the name of the service that the server can offer to the client. A value of implies that the server is ready to offer any service to the client. Specify the name of the access concentrator from which you wish to make services available. Specify a tag used by the client to uniquely associate an access concentrator's response (PADO or PADS) to a particular client request (PADI or PADR). Specify the number of times tries to retransmit either a PADI or PADR packet when an access concentrator does not respond to the client's request. Specify the timeout value in seconds. waits for this duration to receive either a PADO or PADS packet before retransmitting a PADI/PADR packet. The default value is 15 seconds. Specify the command-line options of See pppd(1) for more information. Sample pppoesd.conf File [ lan4 ] service=any acname=gatt3 ac_cookie=1 #host_unique=0 timeout=1200 #retry-number=3 local-ipv4-address=1.2.3.4 ipv4-address-pool=5.6.7.8 - 5.6.7.101 pppd-options=mru 1492 debug 11 # Following entries are related to PPPoEv6 local-ipv6-identifier=::9 ipv6-identifier-pool=::10 - ::100 AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
PPPoE server daemon PPPoE relay PPPoE client PPP daemon SEE ALSO
pppd(1), pppoec(1), pppoerd(1M), pppoesd(1M). pppoesd.conf(4)