Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting string pattern ,files ,occurrences Post 302415678 by anupamhalder on Friday 23rd of April 2010 06:02:21 AM
Old 04-23-2010
Hi Devaraj ,
Thanks for your promt reply.
But still I have a problem . The tables name would be in a text file a.txt . In your code you have not used that file . If you know sql then you would understand my problem more clearly . A code will be considered more complex if there is more joins of tables.

Thanks
Anupam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and Count Occurrences of Pattern in a File

I need to search and count the occurrences of a pattern in a file. The catch here is it's a pattern and not a word ( not necessarily delimited by spaces). For eg. if ABCD is the pattern I need to search and count, it can come in all flavors like (ABCD, ABCD), XYZ.ABCD=100, XYZ.ABCD>=500,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tektips
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of occurrences of a pattern between each occurrence of a different pattern

I need to count the number of occurrences of a pattern, say 'key', between each occurrence of a different pattern, say 'lu'. Here's a portion of the text I'm trying to parse: lu S1234L_149_m1_vg.6, part-att 1, vdp-att 1 p-reserver IID 0xdb registrations: key 4156 4353 0000 0000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slipstream
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV: Replacing multiple occurrences inside a pattern

Greatings all, I am coming to seek your knowledge and some help on an issue I can not currently get over. I have been searching the boards but did not find anything close to this matter I am struggling with. I am trying to clean a CSV file and make it loadable for my SQL*Loader. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OCanada
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of pattern occurrences

Hi All, Is it possible to count number of occurrences of a pattern in a single record using awk?? for example: a line like this: abrsjdfhafa I want to count the number of a character occurrences. but still use the default RS, I don't want to set RS to single character. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoda2_10
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove all occurrences of a character at the beginning of a string

Hi there, i need some help to remove all occurrences of a certain character at the beginning of a string. Example: my string is 00102030 and i want to remove all zeros from beginning of string so the result is 102030 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Serach pattern and give number of occurrences

Hi, I want a script which search for a pattern "good" in a huge file and provide me number of occurences of such pattern in a file. lets say i have a file test.txt contents as below good is good but good is sometime bad and sometime good you are very good and good is always good ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print occurrences for pattern match

Hi All, I want to print all the occurrences for a particular pattern from a file. The catch is that the pattern search is partial and if any word in the file contains the pattern, that complete word has to be printed. If there are multiple words matching the pattern on a specific line, then all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: decci_7
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed REGEX to print multiple occurrences of a pattern from a line

I have a line that I need to parse through and extract a pattern that occurs multiple times in it. Example line: getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate occurrences of text pattern

Hi folks! I have a file which contains a 1000 lines. On each line i have multiple occurrences ( 26 to be exact ) of pattern folder#/folder#. # is depicting the line number in the file some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple occurrences of the same pattern on a line but the first

The lines that I am trying to format look like Device ID: j01-01, IP address: 10.10.10.36, IP address: 10.10.10.35, IP address: 10.10.102.201, Platform: 8040, Capabilities: Host , Interface: GigabitEthernet9/45, Port ID (outgoing port): e0k,Here is what I have so far but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
4 Replies
TCP_TABLE(5)							File Formats Manual						      TCP_TABLE(5)

NAME
tcp_table - Postfix client/server table lookup protocol SYNOPSIS
postmap -q "string" tcp:host:port postmap -q - tcp:host:port <inputfile DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional tables for address rewriting or mail routing. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alterna- tively, table lookups can be directed to a TCP server. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the "postconf -m" command. To test lookup tables, use the "postmap -q" command as described in the SYNOPSIS above. PROTOCOL DESCRIPTION
The TCP map class implements a very simple protocol: the client sends a request, and the server sends one reply. Requests and replies are sent as one line of ASCII text, terminated by the ASCII newline character. Request and reply parameters (see below) are separated by white- space. Send and receive operations must complete in 100 seconds. REQUEST FORMAT
Each request specifies a command, a lookup key, and possibly a lookup result. get SPACE key NEWLINE Look up data under the specified key. put SPACE key SPACE value NEWLINE This request is currently not implemented. REPLY FORMAT
Each reply specifies a status code and text. Replies must be no longer than 4096 characters including the newline terminator. 500 SPACE text NEWLINE In case of a lookup request, the requested data does not exist. In case of an update request, the request was rejected. The text describes the nature of the problem. 400 SPACE text NEWLINE This indicates an error condition. The text describes the nature of the problem. The client should retry the request later. 200 SPACE text NEWLINE The request was successful. In the case of a lookup request, the text contains an encoded version of the requested data. ENCODING
In request and reply parameters, the character %, each non-printing character, and each whitespace character must be replaced by %XX, where XX is the corresponding ASCII hexadecimal character value. The hexadecimal codes can be specified in any case (upper, lower, mixed). The Postfix client always encodes a request. The server may omit the encoding as long as the reply is guaranteed to not contain the % or NEWLINE character. SECURITY
Do not use TCP lookup tables for security critical purposes. The client-server connection is not protected and the server is not authenti- cated. BUGS
Only the lookup method is currently implemented. The client does not hang up when the connection is idle for a long time. SEE ALSO
postmap(1), Postfix lookup table manager regexp_table(5), format of regular expression tables pcre_table(5), format of PCRE tables cidr_table(5), format of CIDR tables README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. DATABASE_README, Postfix lookup table overview LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA TCP_TABLE(5)