Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to trace file sytem size change? Post 302415266 by zaxxon on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 06:41:02 AM
Old 04-22-2010
This has been asked very often. As a hint, parse a df on the specified filesystem(s) and write it to a temp file. Then compare this with a an actual df let's say 1h later. Call this script by an appropriate crontab entry.

If you have a particular question, don't hesitate to ask. The search function of the forum will reveal you examples etc. for sure.

Also this is a shell scripting question, not AIX specific. By seeing that you have about 88 posts already, you should know that there is a special area for shell scripting. Please remember this next time, ty Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Sytem 5, release 3

Will UNIX Sytem 5, release 3 run on a Pentium (clock speed 100-200 MHz)? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samklyle
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system size change

Good morning folks! I'm new here.. trying to find an answer on how to resize filesystem. Need to add some space to c0t0d0s5, /var... Is it possible at all? JV (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvinn
9 Replies

3. Solaris

User password change trace

In Sun Solaris we have given oracle user for dba that was shared among 5 member. Everytime oracle user password was changed themselves. We want to trace who has changed the password. It is possible. Regards P Manivannan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsuper
0 Replies

4. AIX

created sytem from mksysb

Hi, Whats are the changes I need if I have created the system from production server? I restore if from mksysb. I know I need to change the /etc/hosts and ip address. What else? Thanks in advance, Itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to intercept sytem calls

I would like to port a small utility from Linux to AIX and, lacking any software development knowledge for AIX, need some help: I have a library called Snoopy. Basically it intercepts the execv() and execve() system calls and logs them to the syslog-facility AUTHPRIV then passes control over to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with filtering trace file through grep

Hi, I am using NS2 and i need to filter a trace file (part of which is shown below): - 33.91576 2 3 tcp 1040 ------- 1 0.0 4.0 1115 2258 r 33.918907 4 3 ack 40 ------- 1 4.0 0.0 1107 2272 + 33.918907 3 2 ack 40 ------- 1 4.0 0.0 1107 2272 - 33.918907 3 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqibshah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trace "free(): invalid next size (normal)" error on arm-linux board

Hi guys, i'm running a program on samsumg 6410 arm cpu board. it caused an "free(): invalid next size (normal)" fail. i try to use gdb for remote debugging: 1, start gdb server on board: gdbserver 192.168.1.20:1234 ./HostAP Process ./HostAP created; pid = 499 Listening on port... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss1969
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with trace file

Hi, I am an oracle DBA pretty new to unix. We had one of the filesystems full and a colleague cleared some stuffs to create more space. I just checked now and found there is now more space available. How do i find exactly what he cleared? We have oracle database installed and its a RAC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To determine the File Sytem Usage on Multiple UNIX server

Hello All :) I want to write a shell script to find the file system usage on multiple UNIX servers. Commands: df -g fsJCAPS Below script works fine and it displays results on terminal/console. I want to store /redirect output on to local server from where I'm running the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammad Nawaz
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change size of watermark

I'm using this code to watermark images (add a logo). How do I change the size of the watermark to cover a certain percentage of the image ffmpeg -i folder/s886_01.jpg -i watermark.png -filter_complex overlay=15:15 output.png (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies
nsysmap(5)							File Formats Manual							nsysmap(5)

NAME
nsysmap, nsysmap64 - number of entries in a kernel dynamic memory allocation map VALUES
Default 8400 Allowed Values DESCRIPTION
Note: In HP-UX 11i Version 3, these tunables are no longer present. The system will establish an initial size for the table, and increase the size as needed. This manual page will be remove in a future release. Pre-Release 11i Version 3 Usage This value sizes the kernel dynamic memory resource map, an array of address/length pairs that describe the free virtual space in the ker- nel's dynamic address space. This array has historically been statically-sized. That means certain pathological workloads that fragment the kernel address space will result in too many entries for the array. Rather than panicking when this condition occurs, the system throws away the last entry, which results in "leaked" kernel virtual address space. If this overflow happens often enough, the system eventually runs out of virtual space and will panic with the following message: By making the map size tunable, the system can automatically scale the map size according to the system workload size and avoid this prob- lem. If the automatic scaling does not work, you can hand-tune to fit a particular workload. When the default value is overridden, the kernel may increase the value beyond the your specification depending on the system size. There are different tunables for 32- and 64-bit kernel because the 64-bit kernel has more virtual address space. The tunable controls 32-bit kernels and the tunable controls 64-bit kernels. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. OBSOLETED
Tunable Kernel Parameters nsysmap(5)