Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions system restarts after shutdown!! Post 302415208 by smarty86 on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 03:07:40 AM
Old 04-22-2010
system restarts after shutdown!!

Hello,

from last few days my laptop is not whutting down properly.. when ever i ty to shutdown it restarts again.. what may be problem?? antivirus is updated till date.. and i use windows xp sp2....

regards,
deepak.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutdown a system by MAC?

Ok here is the problem we have 2 v440 with same IP address running solars 9. one remains on the other remains off. They are both configured exactly the same for redundant purposes for the software we use. This was the best/worst idea. Great because down time is only a mere minutes. The bad is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
7 Replies

2. Solaris

logs for system shutdown

I am working on a SUN T2000 machine with Solaris 10 running on it. When I checked the system this morning, I found it to be turned off. The lastreboot command showed that the system had been shut down the previous night. I want to find out how the system was shut down. I have run hardware health... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: batman727
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Shutdown system option

I am working on sunos solaris. I want to know which is good for system shut-down ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jitesh Varshney
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

shutdown system/myeclipse

Hi All, I have one situation to shut-down the system through shell script.I need script command to shut-down the system and process should end(safe-mode) the MyEclipse. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stsivaraj
0 Replies

5. Programming

Problem on capturing system Shutdown

I am having exactly the same problem with https://www.unix.com/programming/129264-application-cleanup-during-linux-shutdown.html but the thread is old and closed. The only difference is that I use sigaction() instead of signal(), which is recommended, as far as I know. This is my code: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
9 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

NAME
reboot, halt, poweroff - reboot or stop the system SYNOPSIS
reboot [OPTION]... halt [OPTION]... poweroff [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
These programs allow a system administrator to reboot, halt or poweroff the system. When called with --force or when in runlevel 0 or 6, this tool invokes the reboot(2) system call itself and directly reboots the system. Otherwise this simply invokes the shutdown(8) tool with the appropriate arguments. Before invoking reboot(2), a shutdown time record is first written to /var/log/wtmp OPTIONS
-f, --force Does not invoke shutdown(8) and instead performs the actual action you would expect from the name. -p, --poweroff Instructs the halt command to instead behave as poweroff. -w, --wtmp-only Does not call shutdown(8) or the reboot(2) system call and instead only writes the shutdown record to /var/log/wtmp --verbose Outputs slightly more verbose messages when rebooting, useful for debugging problems with shutdown. ENVIRONMENT
RUNLEVEL reboot will read the current runlevel from this environment variable if set in preference to reading from /var/run/utmp FILES
/var/run/utmp Where the current runlevel will be read from; this file will also be updated with the runlevel record being replaced by a shutdown time record. /var/log/wtmp A new runlevel record for the shutdown time will be appended to this file. AUTHOR
Written by Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at <https://launchpad.net/upstart/+bugs> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Canonical Ltd. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8) telinit(8) runlevel(8) Upstart 2009-07-09 reboot(8)