Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can I use bind9 to resolve only ONE hostname in a zone? Post 302415158 by chakrapani on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 01:10:13 AM
Old 04-22-2010
I guess I got the question wrong... Could you please confirm if you were looking for this

DNS Spoofing

and you want for only one sub-domain not all the domain.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS upgrade issues, bind9.5.0_P1

so we had bind 9.3.0... we upgraded to 9.5.0 patch 1 we kept the exact same named.conf now we have a problem that some DMZ server cant do lookups from our DNS slave anymore. in the named.log we see things like this: 22-Jul-2008 16:05:04.694 security: info: client <our DMZ servers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Conditional Forwarding using BIND9

Hello, I'm a noob when it comes to DNS and BIND9, so forgive me if my description seems pedantic: I connect to my workplace's network using VPN, which sets me up with the workplace DNS servers. Those servers manage the an internal namespace (visible only to users inside the VPN), with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resolve IP to Hostname?

Good day, I would like to resolve IP's to Hostnames using Putty. I'm using Mandriva Linux 2008.0. Is this possible? Perhaps with nmap? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: McGuywer
13 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

bind9 with ldap using dlz

Hello guys, can anyone help me with the below error I'm getting from bind9? I'm trying to make bind read all the zone info from openldap, I have already created the schema and I've put some info into the ldap. I have also tried to google the error with no success. I'm aware there is an problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yered
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bind9 non existing ip , time of query

how can i set default permission for nslookup, i have in my nslookup timeout = 0 retry = 3 port = 53 but i want to set it to : timeout = 2 retry = 2 port = 53 i'm using bind9 , where can i set the default timeout for it? thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BIND9 CNAME to External Domain

We're moving an app from a server in our domain to a server hosted by the vendor in their domain. This app had it's own domain setup that we're authoritative for. Do I need to create a new zone file? zone-vendor_com and set up the CNAME records in this file? Or if I can just edit the one I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joeaverage
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Bind9 DNSSEC and rollerd

Hi all, I've a litte problem to get rollerd running and signing my zones if the ZSK of my zones are near expiring or expired. rollerd is running but do nothing startet with: /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/rollerd -rrfile /etc/bind/all.rollrec -directory /etc/bind -logfile /dev/stdout ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xabbu
1 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_key_new_frm_fp_rsa, ldns_key_new_frm_fp_rsa_l- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> RSA* ldns_key_new_frm_fp_rsa(FILE *fp); RSA* ldns_key_new_frm_fp_rsa_l(FILE *fp, int *line_nr); DESCRIPTION
ldns_key_new_frm_fp_rsa() frm_fp helper function. This function parses the remainder of the (RSA) priv. key file generated from bind9 fp: the file to parse Returns NULL on failure otherwise a RSA structure ldns_key_new_frm_fp_rsa_l() frm_fp helper function. This function parses the remainder of the (RSA) priv. key file generated from bind9 fp: the file to parse line_nr: pointer to an integer containing the current line number (for debugging purposes) Returns NULL on failure otherwise a RSA structure AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_key_new_frm_fp, ldns_key. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)