Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory Post 302415126 by kel1014 on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 01:06:45 AM
Old 04-22-2010
Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory

Dear all,

Hope you are doing well.

I am in trouble to write a shell for ftp downloading the latest file from remote server.

Situation:
There is a directory named 'weekly' which contains .csv files with the following pattern: RES_EN_100417-080003.csv.Z. The new file is generated weekly. (e.g. 100417 means 17 Apr 2010) What i need to do is to write a sh script to download the latest file.

Can anyone kindly help?

Regards,
KK

---------- Post updated 04-22-10 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous update was 04-21-10 at 09:38 PM ----------

Anyone can help please?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ftp latest file

Hello All, Hope u r doing fine. I'm writing a shell script to ftp the latest file having pericular convention as 'ULTI_15072007043205.txt' on daily basis. Now the date & timing of the file geleration isnt constant, so the file name daily varies as per the date & timing of generation. Can anyone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting latest file from ftp

Hi, i have multile JAMA01.DAT.* files in my ftp. how can i get the latest file in from the ftp by executing the script :rolleyes:? Regards, Arun S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunavlp
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command to get latest file

Hi, I would like an FTP command or series of commands to get only the latest file. Is that possible? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get latest file via FTP session

Hello , My requirement is as follows: I want to connect to a remote FTP server using FTP and then get the latest file from server location can u pls share code snippet for this ? Regards, Suresh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Want to download a latest file with current date from FTP location

Dear Friends, I need help to write a shell / perl script to download the files from FTP location, having different file names (date inside the file name). Example: Mar 5 09:24 cfx_03052013_return_file.txt Mar 6 02:13 cfx_03062013_return_file.txt Mar 7 06:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies

9. Ubuntu

FTP script to get latest file from server

Hello people, I have to download, with a scheduled script, the latest file from an FTP server. In the remote DIR, named .../TEKNONET/60468/, every night a CDR file like this gets uploaded into it: 000006046820151122N001.CDR, so my script will have to download every day the previous day... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upload latest file to ftp

Hi, I want to create a script that parses the content of a file (on each line there is a filename with full path containing the latest fiels created on that day) and uploads every file to a ftp location. Any elegant way to do it ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
4 Replies
WEEKLY(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							 WEEKLY(5)

NAME
weekly, weekly.conf -- weekly maintenance DESCRIPTION
The /etc/weekly script is run, by default, every Saturday morning on a NetBSD system. The /etc/weekly.conf file specifies which of the stan- dard weekly services are performed. The variables described below can be set to ``YES'' or ``NO'' in the /etc/weekly.conf file. The default settings are in the /etc/defaults/weekly.conf file. (Note that you should never edit /etc/defaults/weekly.conf directly, as it is often replaced during system upgrades.) rebuild_locatedb This rebuilds the locate(1) database, /var/db/locate.database, which must also exist, in order to be rebuilt. rebuild_mandb This rebuilds the apropos(1) database /var/db/man.db, using makemandb(8) with the -f option. rebuild_whatisdb This rebuilds the whatis(1) database(s). Note that NetBSD provides a default whatis.db for the system manual pages and this may not be needed. (Adjust your /etc/man.conf as necessary; see man.conf(5) for details.) FILES
/etc/weekly weekly maintenance script /etc/weekly.conf weekly maintenance configuration /etc/weekly.local local site additions to /etc/weekly SEE ALSO
daily.conf(5), monthly.conf(5) HISTORY
The /etc/weekly script first appeared in 4.3BSD. The /etc/weekly.conf configuration file appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
March 6, 2012 BSD