Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris liveupgrade will NOT boot into new BE Post 302414924 by awoodby on Wednesday 21st of April 2010 11:59:57 AM
Old 04-21-2010
I've run luactivate about 5x thus far and it's not changing it. Thanks will try.

---------- Post updated at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:10 AM ----------

OK... "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable."

Code:
Rebooting with command: boot
Boot device: /sbus@2,0/SUNW,socal@d,10000/sf@0,0/ssd@w21000004cf0a7625,0:a  File and args:
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
Boot device: /sbus@2,0/SUNW,socal@d,10000/sf@0,0/ssd@w21000004cf0a7625,0:a  File and args:
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
{6} ok

---------- Post updated at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:18 AM ----------

OK! I did format -e to clear the efi formatting (tried to do zfs on sol10u3, realized I couldn't) on c0t1d0 and did an lucreate on c0t1d0 (rather than t2). Rebooted to IT just fine. Maybe on this old 4500 I can't boot to c0t2.

Now to try luupgrade and see if it breaks it, in fine luupgrade tradition...

Thanks a million for keeping me moving forward/around...

Last edited by awoodby; 04-21-2010 at 11:23 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solairs 9 to Solaris 10 liveupgrade issue

Hello, I started the upgrade using LiveUpgrade. I am using Solaris 10 instalation CDs (5 CDs). My server is Enterprise 3500 - SPARC. 1) lucreate -c first_disk -m /:/dev/dsk/c0t11d0s7:ufs -n second_disk ... luupgrade -u -n second_disk -s /cdrom/cdrom0/s0 WARNING: <5> packages failed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
0 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 liveupgrade issues

I got this output from a system running solaris 10 : # lustatus BE_name Complete Active ActiveOnReboot CopyStatus -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- oldvol yes yes yes - newvol no no no - bigvol no no no - # How do i remove (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

5. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Liveupgrade with RAID

I am not a Solaris maven. I've read and read and read the docs, and I just don't get it, so I'm here to ask for clarification. I have a T2000/Solaris10u8. It has three drives. Drive 0 and Drive 1 are mirrored with metaxxxxx. Drive 2 has some untouchable data. It hasn't been treated nicely... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilinski
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris not booting with new BE after performing Liveupgrade.

After getting the new BE created and activating the new BE with luactivate command, OS is still booting with OLD BE. Steps followed below.. bash-3.2# bash-3.2# lustatus Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now On Reboot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar07
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 liveupgrade/ABE advice

Hi all, I have got a few questions on the above topic -> q1) if my intention for creating an ABE is just to use for patching / patchset update - e.g. ./installpatchset -B secondboot --s10patchset luactivate secondboot What is the recommendation that my ABE should consist of ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies
socal(7D)							      Devices								 socal(7D)

NAME
socal - Serial Optical Controller for Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (SOC+) device driver SYNOPSIS
socal@sbus-slot,0 DESCRIPTION
The Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter is an SBus card which implements two full duplex Fibre Channel interfaces. Each Fibre Channel interface can connect to a Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL). The socal device driver is a nexus driver and implements portions of the FC-2 and FC-4 layers of FC-AL. FILES
/kernel/drv/socal ELF Kernel Module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sbus(4), sf(7D), ssd(7D) Writing Device Drivers ANSI X3.230-1994, Fibre Channel Physical and Signalling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.272-1996, Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) DIAGNOSTICS
The messages described below may appear on system console in addition to being logged. On the console, these messages are preceded by: socal%d: port %a where %d is the instance number of the socal controller and %a is the port on the host adapter. Fibre Channel Loop is ONLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now online. Fibre Channel Loop is OFFLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now offline. attach failed: device in slave-only slot. Move soc+ card to another slot. attach failed: bad soft state. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to alloc xport struct. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map eeprom Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map XRAM Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map registers Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access status register Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to install interrupt handler Driver was not able to add the interrupt routine to the kernel. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to access device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to write host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to write device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: read/write mismatch in XRAM Driver was unable to verify device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. SunOS 5.10 9 May 1997 socal(7D)