Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with script and Cron Post 302414876 by richie190784 on Wednesday 21st of April 2010 10:37:37 AM
Old 04-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
If this is Red Hat 5.1 it is a known problem which is fixed in 5.2 (introduced the --input-logs parameter).

Of course if you have the later version you need to specify the --input-logs parameter to stop the program reading from standard input).
I should have mentioned this is running on CentOS 5.2

---------- Post updated at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:24 PM ----------

Are there any other scheduling apps I can try out for CentOS 5.2? as cron seems to be very picky about what it runs, and I cant see any reason why my script is having problems.

Ive even told the /sbin/ausearch the full path to the audit file incase it cant find it, using cron.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very urgent!! Cron problems

I'm having serious problems running cron. I want to create midnight backups of my files on my unix server and there is something wrong with cron. Here is what I do: First I saw that cron is running (while logged on as root) by typing "ps -aedf|grep cron" and I noticed that there is 1 instance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron problems

Hi, I am having a few problems with cron. I have created a shell script (to rotate www logs - this works) and then did the following (as root) #crontab -e 2 0 * * 3 /cron_scripts/wwwlogs.sh ? w ? q # crontab -l entry not shown e.g. it did not show what I had just writern I then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warrend
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problems

Hi there, this time a have a other problem :) i will start a script over the cron. if i start the script manual (per command) it works without any problems, but over the cron it doesent work. my cron looks like this: 26 15 * * * /path/scriptname.sh 2> /path/error.log there is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Cron and isql

Dear Friends, I am running a script which runs a select query from a sybase table and outputs the result (1 row) into a .txt file in unix. When I run the script manually it behaves normally. However it doesnt run in crontab. #!/usr/bin/ksh . /opt/ivb/config/set_env ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshpayal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems running script in cron...

Hi all, I have a script running on a Solaris 8 box and the first thing it does it check which user is executing it; if ; then echo "This script must be run as testuser" 1>&2 exit 1 fi This works fine when manually running the script however when adding into that users' crontab it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

6. Programming

execution problems with cron

how to store a date into file? and how we can access date from the file? ---------- Post updated at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:08 AM ---------- how we can store date in file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: causalmodi777
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi all!! I have a nerve-wracking concept (probably for me!!) which is not understood. My crontab entry looks this way. 33 09 22 3 * /home/myexp.sh "Bgp4 ALL" >/dev/null 2>&1 But cron gets started occasionally. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it does not. And sometimes it hangs in the middle (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivyasuresh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problems

I am trying to setup a cron that runs a script to update my ip for my domain name every time I reboot and checks if my ip changes every 5 minutes and if it does then I update it. I am running Ubuntu server 12.04. The file /etc/cron.d/ipupdate contains # # # Run ipupdate # # /5 * ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bros2
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Cron

Good evening, ive got this cron to be run: if i run this manually it doesnt work,it takes me to the prompt again /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 here is the code fragment: coopge@coopge: opge PRODUCCION>more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems with set up Cron

Hi I want to set up a cron for every 15 minutes between some hours. Can you tell whether the below command will work. Getting confuse because my time goes from night to next day morning. i want to setup 8 PM to next day 10 AM. */15 20-10 * * * sh abc.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raju2016
1 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the repository is a bare repository, and dies if so. Used by scripts that require working tree (e.g. checkout). get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. AUTHOR
Written by Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. torvalds@osdl.org mailto:torvalds@osdl.org 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)