Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris liveupgrade will NOT boot into new BE Post 302414671 by awoodby on Tuesday 20th of April 2010 04:44:19 PM
Old 04-20-2010
Code:
root@plato: console: -> lustatus
Boot Environment           Is       Active Active    Can    Copy
Name                       Complete Now    On Reboot Delete Status
-------------------------- -------- ------ --------- ------ ----------
sol10u3                    yes      yes    no        no     -
sol10u8                    yes      no     yes       no     -

root@plato: console: -> eeprom boot-device
boot-device=/sbus@2,0/SUNW,socal@d,10000/sf@0,0/ssd@w21000004cf0a71a9,0:a /sbus@2,0/SUNW,socal@d,10000/sf@0,0/ssd@w21000004cf0a71a9,0:d

/
root@plato: console: -> ls -l /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          74 Apr  7 13:51 /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s0 -> ../../devices/sbus@2,0/SUNW,socal@d,10000/sf@0,0/ssd@w21000004cf0a7625,0:a

/
root@plato: console: -> ls -l /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          74 Apr  7 13:51 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 -> ../../devices/sbus@2,0/SUNW,socal@d,10000/sf@0,0/ssd@w21000004cf0a71a9,0:a

Last edited by awoodby; 04-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: added lustatus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solairs 9 to Solaris 10 liveupgrade issue

Hello, I started the upgrade using LiveUpgrade. I am using Solaris 10 instalation CDs (5 CDs). My server is Enterprise 3500 - SPARC. 1) lucreate -c first_disk -m /:/dev/dsk/c0t11d0s7:ufs -n second_disk ... luupgrade -u -n second_disk -s /cdrom/cdrom0/s0 WARNING: <5> packages failed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
0 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 liveupgrade issues

I got this output from a system running solaris 10 : # lustatus BE_name Complete Active ActiveOnReboot CopyStatus -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- oldvol yes yes yes - newvol no no no - bigvol no no no - # How do i remove (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

5. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Liveupgrade with RAID

I am not a Solaris maven. I've read and read and read the docs, and I just don't get it, so I'm here to ask for clarification. I have a T2000/Solaris10u8. It has three drives. Drive 0 and Drive 1 are mirrored with metaxxxxx. Drive 2 has some untouchable data. It hasn't been treated nicely... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilinski
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris not booting with new BE after performing Liveupgrade.

After getting the new BE created and activating the new BE with luactivate command, OS is still booting with OLD BE. Steps followed below.. bash-3.2# bash-3.2# lustatus Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now On Reboot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar07
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 liveupgrade/ABE advice

Hi all, I have got a few questions on the above topic -> q1) if my intention for creating an ABE is just to use for patching / patchset update - e.g. ./installpatchset -B secondboot --s10patchset luactivate secondboot What is the recommendation that my ABE should consist of ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies
sysmsg(7D)                                                            Devices                                                           sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)