Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in backup script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help in backup script Post 302414499 by Fraggy on Tuesday 20th of April 2010 09:45:20 AM
Old 04-20-2010
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnbash
It is not working

cat backup.conf

$bkpath = "/mnt/slave/1";
$archpath = "/etc/";

Use of uninitialized value in length at backup.pl line 20.
/etc/ 0
/etc/20100420
Use of uninitialized value in opendir at backup.pl line 34.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at backup.pl line 34.
cant find : No such file or directory at backup.pl line 34.
please specify your error this text is weird x)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup Script

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question but I have a script on an IBM RS6000 that has quit working. I can manually run a backup using SMIT and it appears okay, but not sure about the script. ----------code------------ #!/bin/ksh #set -x echo backup beginning date find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: geek4sur
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Script

Hi, My SCO Unixware 7.1.1 box is setup to run an EOD backup script, which is as follows: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- start End-of-day compress $BASE TO /home/compdir write /home/compdir to DATTAPE end ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup script

Hi, I need to write a script that will capture the 8th character on each line (alphanumeric /meta chars) to the 16th character and send to an output file. Any ideas? R, D. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script / Test if script is already running

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions : 1) I have a backup shell script, let's call it backup.sh, that is called every hour as a cron job. As a matter of fact a backup could last more than one hour. It mounts a NAS and then do some rsync on important directories, so really I don't want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Script

I have write the following script, its execution i got following error: !/bin/sh # # dy='date +%d%b%y' hn="ECTMPROD12" bk='/home/backup' sb=$bk'/'$hn # # cm_d01='tar -czf /home/backup/'$hn'_'$dy'_ofhome.tar.gz /home/oracle/ofhome' # # echo "***** start time of ECTMPROD12 backup full"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Script

I don't know how to repair this script :/ My OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" LTS (64bits) #!/bin/bash # ### Ustawienia - sciezki do plików ### DIRS="/home/ts/ /home/mc/" BACKUP=/home/backup.$$ NOW=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") DELDATE=$(date -d "-7 days" +"%d-%m-%Y") DAY=$(date +"%a") #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xCraftRayX
4 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
       backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string

SYNOPSIS
       backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help]

backup ap -t <help string> [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short
       description the string specified by the -topic argument.

To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command.

OPTIONS
       -topic <help string>
	   Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only.  If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double
	   quotes (" ") or other delimiters.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any
       backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line.

EXAMPLES
       The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions:

% backup apropos tape
	  labeltape: label a tape
	  readlabel: read the label on tape
	  scantape: dump information recovery from tape

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_help(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)