Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Keep whenever - occurs right after a + Post 302414311 by alister on Monday 19th of April 2010 09:11:24 PM
Old 04-19-2010
Code:
$ sed -n '/-$/{x; /+$/{p;x;p;};};h' data
see  +
jee   -
iott  +
mun -

Last edited by alister; 04-19-2010 at 10:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

error occurs while some users login

hi all, i have a problem that while some of the users trying to login the following error occurs and the session is automatically closed. ssl error: RAND_status reported there wasn't enough randomness for the PRNG. ssl error: You need to specify RandomFile or EGDFile to obtain the randomness.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
0 Replies

2. Programming

Cannot catch SIGINT while serial break condition occurs

I setup termios structure with IGNBRK is not set and BRKINT is set. To allow the process to receive signals I call: fcntl(fd, F_SETOWN, getpid()); I have made a signal handler to catch all signals. I can catch SIGINT when pressing ctrl+c but when I send break signal over serial then it cannot... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzz
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from script when error occurs

Hi Friends, Is it possible to exit nicely(ie, to echo a message with the error occurred) from a shell script(quiet a big one :)) once it encounter an error in between the lines? For example, in my script I am calling the command mkdir and sometimes (when the directory already exists) it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty: error occurs when installing rpm

Hello All, when I install rpm rpm --install rpm packagename I got the following errors stty:standard input:invalid argument stty:standard input:invalid argument I dont know what i have to do exactly. I search on google for the same but not a particular standard solution is given... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a type of file in a directory immediately it occurs

Hi All, I have to maintain few servers and in those servers in a specific directory some special jobs keeps on running ....... The directory is having many kind of files like.....acd*, hud*, rca*....bla bla bla....... My aim is that if due to any job-any time a file having initials like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendra.pat04
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read how many times same result occurs?

Is there a way to read how many times each result occurs in a list, say the list.txt has the results: a c d a f c a d e and I need to know how many times each of them occurs such as : a=3 c=2 ..etc. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute condition until an event occurs

I need a script to keep polling "receive_dir" directory till "stopfile" get written in the directory. This has to run despite empty directory. So far i have this but fails if receive_dir is empty with no files with "unary operator expected". Help !! #!/usr/bin/ksh until do for i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iaav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times

Hi, My Input File : "MN.1.2.1.2.14.1.1" := "MN_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) "MOS.1.2.1.2.13.6.2" := "MOS_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) Like above template,I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Egrep find word that occurs twice in a row

Hi there I am trying to figure out and understand what the syntax would be to egrep lines that have a word occur twice in a row. the two words obviously should have a space between them and also it has to be case sensitive which I believe grep is by deffault. the closest I have come is... grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spo_2138
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)