Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Help finding where certain environment variables are set Post 302414216 by jgt on Monday 19th of April 2010 01:00:52 PM
Old 04-19-2010
Also /etc/rc and /etc/cshrc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set up linux environment variables?

Hi I'm using Linux, in the directory /root/my there is a.out. but when I try to run it , the shell indicate "bash:a.out: command not found" but I AM working in this directory. if I use "./a.out" , it works perfectly. can any body tell me how to do a permanent set up so that I can use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

by using c++ how to set environment variables in unix

hi, I am writing c++ code in unix operating system.In that i need to set the environment variable in unix. suppose previously i have environment variable like path="something" now i need to change the path value to some othervalue . so that some other program will access that path value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sada@123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to set the oracle environment????

Hi, I am trying to set the environment for my oracle database. I have 5 database in an unix box. My idea is to create 5 files for each database with the following script on it. After logging into the unix box ...just by typing the database name....the enviornment for the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: castlerock
2 Replies

4. Linux

How do i set environment variable

Hi, I am quite new to Linux. And I have doubt how to set new environment variable with value to a C executable. Let say I have a environment variable $Hack ; I would like to load a value for this variable; so that when the C executable is executed, the $Hack would set the variable value. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
4 Replies

5. Solaris

set environment variable?

I am working with solaris 9 sunBlade150 Box. I Installed a program, need to set the environment variable so that when the executable is entered,it finds the path to the executable. The documentation for the software says: Set the appropriate environment variable: Connect to server failed;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set environment

Hi, I can run shell script from the command line using $ . set If the run the script inside perl script using $var = system("set"); print $var; This prints 0. This command sets up the environment from command line. But when used inside the shell script or perl script it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl. How to set persistent environment variables

I have test.pl scrit with these few lines. #!/usr/bin/perl $ENV{'ORACLE_SID'} = "D3771"; $ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} = "/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1"; When I try . test.pl it throws an error. When I try test.pl, it doesn't reaing the variables I set in the script. -> . test.pl ksh:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding WHERE an environment variable is defined.

HI. I had an environment variable defined in my .bash_profile file and I deleted it. I opened a new terminal and looked inside .bash_profile and it's not there but when I type printenv MYCONFIG it reutrns what the value used to be in my .bash_profile still!! I did a grep for MYCONFIG and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dissectcode
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to SET Environment variables

Hi Could you please tell me how to set environment variables in Unix ksh. And how can acess those varibles in shell scripts ( Please give the code with an example) For my scenario. We have written number of shell scripts with hard coded username and password. But if we want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Trying to figure out how the environment variables are being set

I just started a new job and I've been tasked with cleaning up the files that set up all the environment variables. The system works as is. What happens is: 1. You log in to the server. 2. You call a file that sets a bunch of environment variables and that displays a list of all the databases... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keyeh
4 Replies
CS(1)							  The Canonical Csound Reference						     CS(1)

NAME
cs - Starts Csound with a set of options that can be controlled by environment variables, and input and output files determined by the specified filename stem. . DESCRIPTION
Starts Csound with a set of options that can be controlled by environment variables, and input and output files determined by the specified filename stem. SYNTAX
cs [-OPTIONS] <name> [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ] INITIALIZATION
Flags: o - OPTIONS = OPTIONS is a sequence of alphabetic characters that can be used for selecting the Csound executable to be run, as well as the command line flags (see below). There is a default for the option 'r' (selects real-time output), but it can be overridden. o <name> = this is the filename stem for selecting input files; it may contain a path. Files that have .csd, .orc, or .sco extension are searched, and either a CSD or an orc/sco pair that matches <name> the best are selected. MIDI files with a .mid extension are also searched, and if one that matches <name> at least as close as the CSD or orc/sco pair, it is used with the -F flag. NOTE The MIDI file is not used if any -M or -F flag is specified by the user - new in version 4.24.0) Unless there is any option (-n or -o) related to audio output, an output file name with the appropriate extension is automatically generated (based on the name of selected input files and format options). The output file is always written to the current directory. NOTE file name extensions are not case sensitive. o [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ] = any number of additional options for Csound that are simply copied to the final command line to be executed. The command line that is executed is generated from four parts: 1. Csound executable (possibly with options). This is exactly one of the following (the last one has the highest precedence): o a built-in default o the value of the CSOUND environment variable o environment variables with a name in the format of CSOUND_x where x is an uppercase letter selected by characters of the -OPTIONS string. Thus, if the -dcba option is used, and the environment variables CSOUND_B and CSOUND_C are defined, the value of CSOUND_B will take effect. 2. Any number of option lists, added in the following order: o either some built-in defaults, or the value of the CSFLAGS environment variable if it is defined. o environment variables with a name in the format of CSFLAGS_x where x is an uppercase letter selected by characters of the -OPTIONS string. Thus, if the -dcba option is used, and the environment variables CSFLAGS_A and CSFLAGS_C are defined as '-M 1 -o dac' and '-m231 -H0', respectively, the string '-m231 -H0 -M 1 -o dac' will be added. 3. The explicit options of [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ]. 4. Any options and file names generated from <name>. NOTE Quoted options that contain spaces are allowed. EXAMPLES
Assuming the following environment variables: CSOUND = csoundfltk.exe -W CSOUND_D = csound64.exe -J CSOUND_R = csoundfltk.exe -h CSFLAGS = -d -m135 -H1 -s CSFLAGS_D = -f CSFLAGS_R = -m0 -H0 -o dac1 -M "MIDI Yoke NT: 1" -b 200 -B 6000 And a directory that contains: foo.orc piano.csd foo.sco piano.mid im.csd piano2.mid ImproSculpt2_share.csd foobar.csd The following commands will execute as shown: cs foo => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -o foo.wav foo.orc foo.sco cs foob => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -o foobar.wav foobar.csd cs -r imp -i adc => csoundfltk.exe -h -d -m135 -H1 -s -m0 -H0 -o dac1 -M "MIDI Yoke NT: 1" -b 200 -B 6000 -i adc ImproSculpt2_share.csd cs -d im => csound64.exe -J -d -m135 -H1 -s -f -o im.sf im.csd cs piano => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -F piano.mid -o piano.wav piano.csd cs piano2 => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -F piano2.mid -o piano2.wav piano.csd CREDITS
Author: Istvan Varga Jan 2003 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.10 08/01/2011 CS(1)