Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Tar too large to archive. Use E function modifier. Post 302414071 by dshakey on Monday 19th of April 2010 07:43:59 AM
Old 04-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
Try that:
Code:
LC_ALL=C tar cEvf CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994.tar CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994

thanks that seems to be doing the trick

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar archive with .Z files

Hello, I have a tar archive full of compressed .Z (compressed with the compress command) files. I have restored the tar to a disk but am looking for a way to uncompress every file in every sub-directory. Under normal circumstances, I would just change directories and "uncompress *" but with 1600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kun2112
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segment and join tar archive

I have a huge folder that I need to down load. I have compressed it into a tar archive (+7 gb). I now need to split the archive into segments of 100 mb. I have found that I can make the spril using: split -b 100m hugearchive.tar This will create a ton of segments that I can easily move... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pox
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archive (tar)

Hi, I want to archive below directories ex: /home/oracle/ddd0 /home/oracle/ddd1 /home/oracle/ddd2 I want a command(tar) which will let me archive the above directories excluding *.dmp(dump files), *.log(log files) in those directories. So the archived file doesn't have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q: tar archive help

hey how do you create a archive and add file to an existing archive. i keep getting an error: dir/#: No such file or directory currently using tar -cvfu name.tar files files searching from a word document each line having different file extention. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nookie
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Update compressed archive (TAR)

Is it possible to update a file in a compressed archive.tgz using the tar app without uncompressing/extracting, update and compressing/creating ? tar -uvzf archive.tgz ./file.txt tar: Cannot update compressed archives Try `tar --help' for more information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brendan76
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive large debug files without cp

Need some fine tuning advice: I have a KSH programs croned to execute once a day. Which basically does the following simple operation: for i in `ls` do cp $i $i.backup >$i gzip $i.backup done Basically cleanup the file after taking a backup. Now the issue here is this directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: firdousamir
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar archive issue

Hi, I make a tar archive: tar -czvf /path_to/cucu.tar.gz /path/dir_to_archive/ In the archive the /path/dir_to_archive/ is maintained for every file. I need that the archive to be made without the /path/dir_to_archive/ to contain only the files in /path/dir_to_archive/. Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive::Tar problem

Hello, I have a problem using Archive::Tar. it seem very trivial but i cannot get it work. First I have a list of files I grab from a directory. Then I create a tar archive and write the files into the archive. everything works great, except that I cannot properly extract the files. What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
0 Replies

9. Linux

tar archive

I have made tar archive of my system.. How can I make that tar archive to be bootable.. simply to install new linux from the archived tar file.. thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
8 Replies

10. Solaris

USTAR tar archive

Hello Admins, I am facing an issue with ustar tar archive on solaris 10. By mistake I have created ustar tar archive of /var/adm/messages file on solaris10. I am trying to untar the /var/adm/messages file . but I am not getting the original text messages file. I user tar -xvf ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)