Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursive Replication of Unix folders to Windows Post 302413853 by gaurav1086 on Saturday 17th of April 2010 04:52:38 PM
Old 04-17-2010
Hello,

There are openssh versions for windows. You can then employ rsync for the destination as windows boxes. As per automation, rsync is "the best" option . You can distribute the public key on the server(windows) and easily automate the procedure through a bash/perl script over a cron job in solaris.

Regards,
gaurav.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix System Total Replication

Is there any way to totally replicate a unix system from one hardisk to another? And be able to swap the hardisk and restart the system without any error? TQ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuraman
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP Unix replication solution

Hi, I looking to setup HP Unix to HP Unix replication as plan of business continuity. The setup can be active passive or active active. Anyone can give me some idea what solution able to perform that? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ufo_999
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

folder replication between windows and unix

1. How do i replicate folders between windows and unix. if i create a subfolder under NDC in windows, it should automatically create a subfolder in unix as well. windows nt /NDC/SUBFOLDERS hp ux /NDC/SUBFOLDERS 2. How do i ftp a file from windows to unix using automated... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Copy folders and subfolders from unix to windows

Sir From a unix machine some folders and their folders have to be copied to windows XP PC. Please help me with a batch file or a shell script. I am new to the the shell and batch files. Thanks in anticipation. sastry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming file in Recursive folders

I have UWin version of Unix for Destop I have files with extension *.abc. I want to rename it to *.csv. Some of the filenames have spaces. I also to rename the files with extension *.abc in the corresponding subfolders ex == abc def.abc ghi jkl.abc mnopqr.abc uvwxyz.abc rename as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows mass copy files with same name in differnt folders

I have files existing with same names in the folders with date as display below c:\2010-09-10 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg c:\2010-09-09 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg c:\2010-09-08 <==== folder arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive saving of files and folders

Hi all I have a bash script, that loops through a folders files and all subfolders for .shtml files. It looks for a string and replaces it, creating a backup of the original file. This all works great, but I'd like, when the backup is done, that the files are then also created in their... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrid
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to move folders, subfolders and files from unix to windows

Hi Unix Gurus, I am able to copy only files that exist in the parent folder. My parent folder has sub folders and within sub folders there are lots files. I need to copy folder, sub folders and files from Unix to the remote windows SFTP location. The directory structure is something like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Module for recursive listing of remote Windows shares

Hi, I'm looking for a Perl module which can recursively list remote Windows shares from within a Linux machine. I've tried Filesys::SmbClient ans Filesys:SmbClientPars but they just list the current directory Thank You for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
4 Replies
dtc-xen_migrate(8)					      System Manager's Manual						dtc-xen_migrate(8)

NAME
dtc-xen_migrate - migrate a VPS to another Xen server SYNOPSIS
LOCAL_VPS_ID DESTINATION_HOSTNAME [ DEST_VPS_ID ] DESCRIPTION
dtc-xen_migrate This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. Note that you need rsync in both the source and the destination dom0. This script is used to move the content of a Xen virtual machine (VM) managed with dtc-xen to another Xen server of the same type. The VM destination will first be prepared, then the local VM will be shut down, then it's content will be transfered over using rsync. Note that this is NOT a live migration, and down time of approximatively the time needed for the rsync will occure. PARAMETERS
LOCAL_VPS_ID The DTC-Xen id of the VM, from 00 to 99. DESTINATION_HOSTNAME Destination Xen server hostname to migrate to. DEST_VPS_ID Destination DTC-Xen id of the VM, from 00 to 99. EXAMPLE
dtc-xen_migrate 19 alpha.example.com 21 This will migrate the content of xen19 on the local machine to the destination server alpha.example.com using xen21 as VM name. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8), dtc_kill_vps_disk(8) dtc-xen_migrate(8)