Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Miscellaneous operators
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Miscellaneous operators Post 302413764 by luoluo on Friday 16th of April 2010 10:14:47 PM
Old 04-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frans
it's just like
Code:
((t1=5+3))   # t1 = 8
((t1=7-1))   # t1 = 6
((t1=15-4))  # t1 = 11

If you have a "modern" shell (like bash), the "let" statement is obsolete.
Thanks,

I understand your meaning,I use shell of fedora 11 ,I have already tested this issue in my system,and as your result.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operators

I am trying to understand Does the following: {tmp+=$10} Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk miscellaneous doubts

In this following command: awk 'BEGIN{ORS=""}1' what does '1' signifies that comes after closing curly brace '}' of awk? I guess, it does not mean 'first occurrence' because I verified that. And, pls tell me how to override or suppress awk's field variables like $1, $2.. by positional... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

And and OR Operators with If Statement.

Hi All, I have 2 variables. Result1 and Result2. I want to put a condition that if Both are True then echo "All True" Else Show Error. Right now i am doing this and getting error. if ; then echo "All True" else echo "Failed" fi; Error. line 8: ' Solution: Looking for (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk miscellaneous doubts

Hi, I am having the following doubts on awk. Please clarify for me. a) What does it mean? awk '$1=$1' and how does it change if I append FS="" to the above code? b) What if I use awk -vFS="\n" (i.e) setting (input) field separator to newline char, then what will be the value of $0,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operators

Hi Lets say I have two arrays: VAR_1 = "File_A" "File_B" "File_C" "File_D" VAR_2 = "File_A" "File_D" Is there a simple command to get the difference of these list, i.e. VAR_1_2 = "File_B" "File_C" or do I have to write a script and loop through all elements and compare them one by one? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wernfried
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

operators in if loop

Hi all, I have a variable which is having the value like below, $ echo ${p} 8 15 22 30 $ My requirement is that the variable should return true when it contains only one number like below, $ echo ${p} 15 $ Otherwise, it should return false if it contains more than one number. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

9. Programming

Combining Operators

Hey everyone, I'm really getting into learning C, but as I look at more advanced example code, I see things like if (!*variable1) blah blah blah... and variable2 ^= *(variable1++); my question is, when you have a combination of two operators, like !*. The ! means 'not' and the *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)