Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 2 commands in script wont work together Post 302413716 by pkohn11 on Friday 16th of April 2010 06:04:36 PM
Old 04-16-2010
well i changed the script a bit, sorry i guess i should have reposted the new one on there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Netscape Wont work...

Cant Get Netscape to work... I get this messsage: Perhaps there is a problem with your name server? if your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropreate name server. It may (or may not) be necessary to set this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

head command wont work on MF file

I am trying to do a head on a mainframe file and on doing ti just gives me a blank screen with nothing on it. however, when i do a tail for the same file...i get a few lines on the screen. i know tht mainframe files have all the records on one line...does this have to do something with this.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Unix] a dos style rename wont work

Hey guys i'm creating a dos style rename script, so if a user types say q14.* as the 1st param and b14.* as the 2nd and will rename all q14 files to b14 but keep the extensions, so i've developed nearly the full script "i think", if i use echo(echo "if $1 had been renamed it would now be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fblade1987
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Wireless Script Wont Work.....anyone??

ive been trying to write a simple (at least i thought it was) script to launch my wireless usb under ubuntu with kde. im using nano. when i run it from a terminal it works fine, but it just wont run from the script. there is a caveat, but first heres the script. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: braze
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

AjaxTerm wont work on Mac OS X

just downloaded Ajaxterm-0.10 on my Mac 10.5.8 and after a ./ajaxterm.py i get: AjaxTerm at http://localhost:8022/ which looks ok but as soon i go to the website: ./ajaxterm.py:418: DeprecationWarning: 'I' format requires 0 <= number <= 4294967295 fcntl.ioctl(fd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berot3
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Creating script - grep wont work?

This is my first script and I wont get it working.. sorry for being a total noob but here it is: #./bin/sh -x echo "1:st argument = $1"; echo "2:nd argument = $2"; grep "$1" "$2" In the terminal I write, for example, su.sh sausage sausage.txt Also tried su.sh "sausage" "sausage.txt" but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prantare
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aliases wont work after set command

Hi, I have setup my .profile with some helpful aliases and some set commands in it. I have it as: alias gr='autorep -G' alias c='clear' alias x='exit' alias wcl='wc -l' alias l1='ls -1 "$@"' alias ll='ls -l "$@"' alias la='ls -altr "$@"' alias l='ls -ltr "$@"' alias ml='m_ls -ltr... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
5 Replies

10. AIX

Commands to call script work from command line but not from Cron entry

My first post evidently did not materialize so I posted it again: Runnning a cron job every 5 mins to send data files to a state facility. My original cron entry at worked fine: 01,06,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * /home/sftpuser/stateinoc-from-appname.ksh Somewhere I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
1 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)