Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting requesting available port with shell script Post 302413676 by timmylita on Friday 16th of April 2010 02:36:27 PM
Old 04-16-2010
requesting available port with shell script

how do I request a new and available local port (TCP) to use with shell script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

port scan shell script

Hi, Can any one please suggest me commands for making port scan shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting input and for loop

Test - Test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Sura
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting full back up scripts

hi guys linux noob here wanting to learn linux scripting, i need help with a backup script that not only allows me to back up my files but restore them to my own personal directory, had a look at some of the coding from the scripts section on this site but still lost. any help is much appreciated (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burnie35
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help to replace a string by my bash script

Hello every1, I need help to replace a string in a file by my bash script. Find: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n Replace: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n I tried by sed, but kept... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help with shell script

I have been viewing man pages and using google with little luck so far. I am writing a shell script using wbemcli. I can execute the command and get the results I need just fine. ex. wbemcli -nl ein 'http://<username>:<password>@<host>/<targetpc>/root/wmi:MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott Post
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Requesting a new forum

Hi admins and moderators!! Happy new year and merry Christmas :D Well, I have been here a few months now as a registered member and may be 6-7 years that I got numerous help directly and indirectly from this site as a guest. Unix.com really has a vast collection of posts on wide variety of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to test telnet connection using port

Hello, I need to test telnet connections using port number for few hosts. Could you please help me? Thanks !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skhichi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help for TL1 scripting

HI Everyone, I have TL1 script which takes the temperature of a CISCO equipment through TELNET now i need to save the output of the command to a csv file . Like this is the output > RTRV-SHELFSTAT:AB1S2a::1; AB1S2a 2016-02-03 22:29:39 M 1 COMPLD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgjmpt
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
TCPCONNECT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     TCPCONNECT(1)

NAME
tcpconnect - general TCP/IP client SYNOPSIS
tcpconnect [-irv] [-l localaddr] host port DESCRIPTION
tcpconnect creates a TCP/IP connection to a server running on the machine host, listening to port port. It then reads standard input and sends to the remote server, and data received from the server is printed to standard output. When end-of-file is reached on both standard input and the TCP/IP connection, tcpconnect terminates. OPTIONS
-i Terminate at end-of-file on standard input; don't wait for the server to close the connection. -r Terminate when the remote server closes the connection; don't wait for end-of-file on standard input. -v Verbose mode. Prints a message to standard error when the connection has been established. -l addr:port Bind the local end-point of the connection to IP address addr, TCP port port. Either the IP address or the port, but not both, may be left out, meaning that the operating system gets to choose that part by itself. SEE ALSO
tcplisten(1), telnet(1), tcpbug(1). BUGS
The names of the options are not yet finalized, and may change at a future release. 1997 April 13 TCPCONNECT(1)