Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to debug .so file??
Operating Systems Solaris How to debug .so file?? Post 302413566 by kduffin on Friday 16th of April 2010 08:25:23 AM
Old 04-16-2010
Your .so is a shared library that you'll be using within another program. Before you go to debug whatever program is using the library, set your LD_PRELOAD variable to reference whatever .so files you are using.

Cheers,
Keith

Last edited by kduffin; 04-16-2010 at 08:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX?

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlbertGao
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to redirect debug statement to file?

Hi, I need to redirect the debug statements to out.txt {(set -x) >> out.txt} ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to debug C source file using GVD debugger

Anyone pls. help !!! I want to debug C source file using GVD debugger. However, I am unable to find the way to debug source files. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: argupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easiest way to send output to a debug file?

I have this in my script: DEBUG_DIR=/log/rotate_output DEBUGLOG=${DEBUG_DIR}/rotate.${TIMESTAMP} SERVER_FILE_LIST="\ wasint0206 /logs/squid_backup wasint0201 /logs/squid_backup" /usr/bin/echo "${SERVER_FILE_LIST}" | while read SERVER DIRECTORY do cd /log/squid_logs/${SERVER}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to debug to a file?

I'm trying to debug a script in korn shell At the begining of the script I've got #!/bin/ksh -vx However, this seems to only dump debugging info to the screen. How do I get that sent to a text file? I've tried various redirects but none of them seem to work. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant1815
2 Replies

6. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

7. Programming

Compile a proc/c++ file in debug mode.

Hi, I'm using the following commands to execute a proc file, but I'm unable to debug the program. What modifications do I need to make in the command options to debug the program created. I have a proc1.pc file, using the following three steps to generate the proc1 exe. After the proc1 exe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to insert Delimiters at fixed locations in a file, Can you please Debug it for me??

Can someone please help?I have a file - fixed.txt----------------------------AABBBBCCCCCCDDDEEFFFFGGGGGGHHHIIJJJJKKKKKKLLL----------------------------To insert delimiters at fixed lengths of 2, 4, 6, 3, I created a file text1.txt as-------------------2463----------------------and trying to execute... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Outputting clive --debug to file?

I am running clive on Linux version 2.6.24.5-85.fc8 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33) with the debug command as follows clive --debug -O <logfile> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.... I need to get the contents of the debug written to file to extract data later. Using the -O option actually writes the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies
TNAT64(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TNAT64(1)

NAME
tnat64 - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the tnat64(8) library to transparently allow an application to connect to IPv4 hosts via NAT64 on IPv6-only systems when the application doesn't support IPv6 itself. SYNOPSIS
tnat64 [application [application's arguments]] or tnat64 [on|off] or tnat64 DESCRIPTION
tnat64 is a wrapper between the tnat64 library and the application what you would like to run through NAT64. OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that tnat64(8) will transparently forward all connec- tions to the NAT64 via IPv6 [on|off] this option adds or removes tnat64(8) from the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. When tnat64(8) is in this variable all executed applications are automatically NAT64-ed. If you want to use this function, you HAVE to source the shell script from yours, like this: "source /usr/bin/tnat64" or ". /usr/bin/tnat64" Example: ". tnat64 on" -- add the tnat64 lib to LD_PRELOAD ". tnat64 off" -- remove the tnat64 lib from LD_PRELOAD [show|sh] show the current value of the LD_PRELOAD variable <without any argument> create a new shell with LD_PRELOAD including tnat64(8). AUTHOR
This script was created by Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org> for the Debian package of tsocks. It (along with this manual page) have since been adapted into the main tsocks project and modified, and then modified to be used with tnat64. TNAT64 TNAT64(1)