Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wrong update in etc/hosts?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Wrong update in etc/hosts? Post 302413478 by amitranjansahu on Thursday 15th of April 2010 11:54:52 PM
Old 04-16-2010
No problem as its commented . You will not face any issue.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

4. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Hpux update /etc/hosts

On every reboot hpux 11.31 update etc/hosts even on dhcp,this cause problems with ssh kerberos How to avoid update /etc/hosts? This is my netconf # netconf: configuration values for core networking subsystems # # @(#) netconf $Date: 2011/01/31 17:30:11 $Revision: r11.31/2 PATCH_11.31... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

7. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
face(1) 							   User Commands							   face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)