Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl regexp matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl regexp matching Post 302413118 by pludi on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 03:21:39 PM
Old 04-14-2010
Because you ain't got a matching group () anywhere that could put something into $1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GnuWin32 sed 4.1.4 regexp matching

I am using GnuWin32 sed and am having trouble with the regexp - i.e., they don't behave the same way as in UNIX (POSIX and and all that). I have a stream of data, e.g.: 11111'222?'22'33?'333'44444'55555' I want to insert a \n after those apostrophes that are *not* preceded by a ?. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with Perl REGEXP

I need help with a Perl regular expression. The following string blows up my program: <david(greg jim)> If I type this string, there is no problem: <david(greg_jim)> or type david(gregjim) or type <david greg jim> the CGI program does not complain. For some reason that I do not understand the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp error , I cant understand what is wrong

perl regexp error , I cant understand what is wrong Hello all I have simple perl regexp that is searching for pattern in string and replace it with the same string + addition string here is what I have : my $rec = q| new Array("Attributes Management" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl: regexp matching special character

Hello Experts, Can someone help me here: I have a variable which contains a string with "". set var1 {a} set str1 {a is the element i want to match} Now "regexp $var1 $str1" does not work? ("regexp {a\} $str1" works, but var1 gets it's value automatically from another script) Is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp

What is the easiest way to get full address of *.jpg images from html file using perl? example: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/2126443111_65a810004c.jpg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp: no match across newlines

Hi. Here's a tricky one (at least to me): I have a file named theFile.txt (UTF-8) that contains the following: a b cWhen I execute perl -pe 's|a.*c|d|sg' theFile.txtin bash 3.2 on MAC OS X 10.6, I get no match, i.e. the result is a b cagain. Any clues why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatManWSL
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp: matching the parent xml tag

Hi folks. I would like to remove the full parent (outer) xml tag from a file given a matching child (inner) tag, in a bash shell. To be more specific, this is what I have so far: $ cat myFile.xml <Sometag></Sometag> <Outer> <Inner>1</Inner> </Outer> <Outer> <stuff>alot</stuff> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatManWSL
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching regexp

Hi, maybe it is stupid question, but is it possible to match expression like this ? : ... // ... ( there is "//" somewhere on the line and on the end of the line there ISN'T "*/" ) I've tried something like : (in SED) sed 's/\/\/' but I need "*/" not to be on the end of the line ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolage
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp help

Hi, I have file like below: 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afsf||4|aasfbc|~1213~~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |affsf| |4|abc|~rwarw~~asa~~~123~312313 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afasfs||4|aasfdbc|~564564~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies
USER_CLUSTERS(5)					 Debian PostgreSQL infrastructure					  USER_CLUSTERS(5)

NAME
user_clusters - File linking users to PostgreSQL clusters DESCRIPTION
This file maps users against the database clusters to which they will connect by default. However, every user can override these settings in ~/.postgresqlrc. When scanning this file, the first matching line will be used. It is a good idea to provide a default explicitly, with a final line where both user and group are set to *. If there is no default, the implicit default is to connect to the cluster whose postmaster is listening on port 5432 and to the database matching the user's login name. FORMAT
Comments are introduced by the character #. Comments may follow data on a line; the first comment character terminates the data. Leading whitespace and blank lines are ignored. Each uncommented, non-blank line must describe a user, group or the default (where both user and group are set to *). Fields must be given in the following order, separated by white space: USER The login id of the Unix user to whom this line applies. The wildcard character * means any user. GROUP The group name of the Unix group to which this line applies. The wildcard character * means any group. VERSION The major PostgreSQL version of the cluster to connect to. CLUSTER The name of a cluster to connect to. A remote cluster is specified with host:port. If port is empty, it defaults to 5432. DATABASE Within the cluster, the database to which the user will connect by default if he does not specify a database on the command line. If this is *, the default database will be the one named by the user's login id. NOTES
Since the first matching line is used, the default line must come last. SEE ALSO
pg_wrapper(1), postgresqlrc(5) Debian Feburary 2005 USER_CLUSTERS(5)