Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C, sh, perl, system(): Can't transfer a return code appropriately: help, pls Post 302413102 by alex_5161 on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 02:24:58 PM
Old 04-14-2010
Wow!
Thank you, guis, it is new for me, never come across of that WIFEXITED.
Sure, I should check the man for system().

Big thanks for expalanation!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl "system" cmd return values..

perl 5.6.1: when i try a "system" command(with if loops for $?), i get this: child exited with value 1 what is meant by this $? values and what does it meant if it returns 1?.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
0 Replies

2. Solaris

transfer data to a remote system from the tape

i need to retrieve the data from tape on to a remote system.how should i go about it can anyone please help.......its urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack123
1 Replies

3. Programming

Return code from system()

Hi, Can any one help me in knowing how can I get the return codes/Error codes when using the system() command to fork a command? Regards, MK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mradulkaushik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages

Hi, It is very urgent. Pls guide me in learning Perl Module and the Packages. Eventhough i tried in the google, I didnt get upto my expectations. Pls guide me how to create , build Module and the package. Many Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance pls - pipe error: Too many open files in system

When I run a bash script in the customer system, it throws the warning and script exits Exec '/root/sample.sh' @ hostname-- OK (warn) /root/sample.sh: pipe error: Too many open files in system /root/sample.sh: n + : syntax error: operand expected (error token is " ") Exec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyamirra
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete already existing data in a file using perl? Pls help me!!

Dear Friends, I need urgent help from u.. I have two files,file1 & file 2.. file1 have a existing data of file2.So i want to delete those existing datas from file1 (which contain the data from file1) My file1 like this rs39348 1 1045729 A G 0.1791 0.2054 0.84 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the return code of subroutines executed as standalone as command line in Perl ?

How to do I get the return code of a subroutine in a perl module if invoke the subroutine as standalone, I have an module say TestExit.pm and in that i have a subroutine say myTest() which is returns 12, if i were to call the subroutine from command line like CASE:1 ( Without an explict... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from UNIX to MFT system

Hello , I need to write a script that by using scp transfer a csv file from UNIX to a MFT system (MFT is similar to a winscp) with the help of a private/public key. problem is we are not suppose to generate a private key that will be provided to use by an Application team. Can anybody help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monika08
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] awk: return code from system() always 0 ??

Hi all, I currently have the following problem: In an awk script, I am calling a predifend function from the END{} and handing over a command string. This string arrives flawless and is executed like this: function send_msg( cmd_str ) { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
7 Replies
sbig5(5)							File Formats Manual							  sbig5(5)

NAME
sbig5 - A character encoding system (codeset) for Traditional Chinese DESCRIPTION
The Shift Big-5 (sbig5) codeset is a variant of the Big-5 codeset (see big5(5)). The only difference between these codesets is that the second byte of some Big-5 characters are mapped to different values in the Shift Big-5 codeset. The remapping is done to avoid having some metacharacters like *, which has special meaning to UNIX commands, in the second byte of a 2-byte Big-5 character. The mappings of Big-5 characters to Shift Big-5 characters are as follows: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Big-5 (2nd Character Symbol Shift Big-5 (2nd Character Symbol byte) byte) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 40 @ 30 0 5B [ 31 1 5C 32 2 5D ] 33 3 5E ^ 34 4 5F - 35 5 60 ` 36 6 7B { 37 7 7C | 38 8 7D } 39 9 7E ~ 9F nil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The sbig5 codeset is not supported by a locale but only through codeset conversion. Codeset Conversion The following codeset converter pairs are available for converting Traditional Chinese characters between sbig5 and other encoding formats. Refer to iconv_intro(5) for an introduction to codeset conversion. For more information about the other codeset for which sbig5 is the input or output, see the reference page specified in the list item. big5_sbig5, sbig5_big5 Converting from and to the Big-5 codeset: big5(5). Note that Big-5 encoding is equivalent to the Microsoft code-page format used on PCs for Traditional Chinese. Therefore, you can use these converters to convert Traditional Chinese between PC code-page format and Shift Big-5 encoding. eucTW_sbig5, sbig5_eucTW Converting from and to Taiwanese Extended UNIX Code: eucTW(5). SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: ascii(5), big5(5), Chinese(5), code_page(5), dechanyu(5), dechanzi(5), eucTW(5), GBK(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), iconv_intro(5), l10n_intro(5), telecode(5) sbig5(5)