Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Size of an inode in Solaris 10 Post 302412927 by naag20 on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 02:47:25 AM
Old 04-14-2010
Size of an inode in Solaris 10

Can anyone know what is the size of an inode in Solaris 10 Smilie?

Last edited by radoulov; 04-14-2010 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: Title fixed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ram size in sun solaris

I need to check ram size and currently free in sun solaris box (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsuper
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to increase Inode numbers in Solaris 10

Hi guys, need your help on this since i dont know much about solaris. the problem is i need to increase inodes space on /export/home/ root@BRF-DANCCM1 # /usr/ucb/df -i Filesystem iused ifree %iused Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol 53026 1162206 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichiko
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Largest LUN size in Solaris 10

What is the largest possible LUN size that can be presented to Solaris 10. I've been googling a lot about this. The new EFI lablels (an alternative to VTOC) supports LUNs greater than 2TB. I need to know the upper limit. please help me find it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Inode size 128 & 256(or more)

Can some one tell me what is difference in inode datastructure for 128 byte inode & 256 byte inode? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sach253
0 Replies

5. Solaris

inode table in sun solaris

Hi, I would like to is it possible to repair inode table in solaris without running fsck? I am facing this issue in root file system, because to run fsck I have to bring system in single user mode with booting cdrom media. I facing strange issue in /var/adm/messages it is showing inode table... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FIFO size in Solaris

Hi, How do I know the max. size for FIFO(named pipe) on my system. I'm using solaris 10 OS. Is there any comparison chart between message queues and named pipes. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
4 Replies

7. Solaris

how to increase file size in solaris 10 os

hi, let me know how to increase file size in solaris 10 OS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
4 Replies

8. Solaris

inode in solaris

Dear, How can i check inode information in my Solaris box? With Regards, Mjoshi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Handling inode on solaris 9

Dear all, yesterday I had a big problem on Solaris 9. I cannot write anymore on /var. I checked the inode usage, and I see that for /var was at 100% with ifree = 0. I deleted some unused files (like old log on /var/tmp and /var/log), now I have ifree=19641 and 99% iused: root@ciy01 # df -F ufs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
12 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to reduce inode size of /var?

Hi, inode size reached its 100% in /var Due to this i'am getting the error No space left on device my crond process is stopped and when i want to restart it it is showing the below error Starting crond: crond: can't open or create /var/run/crond.pid: No space left on device df -i o/p ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)