Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Uploading files from Mac to Unix/Linux via ssh Post 302412874 by libertyforall on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 07:56:34 PM
Old 04-13-2010
I am a newbie. What command do I use with scp? How do I write it? "scp someFile someUser@someServer:/somePath/someFile" ? Is someFile the actual file name? if the file is names Test1 and is on directory usr/test/working so it looks like usr/test/working/Test1.doc and I want to upload it to Unix Server me@55.55.55.55 onto file usr/me/directory1/working how exactly would I write it? Thanks.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer Files from old Mac to a Linux box?

The other half has informed me that I gotta get my own Internet box (been using her's for over ten years) and my ancient Mac SE30 (when's the last time you heard about one of those) has a bunch of Excel and Word files that I want to move to the next machine. I know that I can spend significant... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsimpso1
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Uploading files via php

I used the following code, which I found on the internet to upload files. <!-- The data encoding type, enctype, MUST be specified as below --> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="upload2.php" method="POST"> <!-- MAX_FILE_SIZE must precede the file input field --> <input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies
KNIFE-SSH(1)							    Chef Manual 						      KNIFE-SSH(1)

NAME
knife-ssh - Run a command or interactive session on multiple remote hosts SYNOPSIS
knife ssh QUERY COMMAND (options) -a, --attribute ATTR The attribute to use for opening the connection - default is fqdn -C, --concurrency NUM The number of concurrent connections -m, --manual-list QUERY is a space separated list of servers -P, --ssh-password PASSWORD The ssh password -x, --ssh-user USERNAME The ssh username -i, --identity-file IDENTITY_FILE The SSH identity file used for authentication -p, --ssh-port PORT The ssh port --[no-]host-key-verify Verify host key, enabled by default. DESCRIPTION
The ssh sub-command opens an ssh session to each of the nodes in the search results of the QUERY. This sub-command requires that the net-ssh-multi and highline Ruby libraries are installed. On Debian systems, these are the libnet-ssh-multi-ruby and libhighline-ruby pack- ages. They can also be installed as RubyGems (net-ssh-multi and highline, respectively). TERMINAL MULTIPLEXING AND TERMINAL TAB SUPPORT
knife ssh integrates with several terminal multiplexer programs to provide a more convenient means of managing multiple ssh sessions. When the COMMAND option matches one of these, knife ssh will create multiple interactive ssh sessions running locally in the terminal multi- plexer instead of invoking the command on the remote host. The available multiplexers are: interactive A built-in multiplexer. interactive supports running commands on a subset of the connected hosts in parallel screen(1) Runs ssh interactively inside screen. ~/.screenrc will be sourced if it exists. tmux(1) Runs ssh interactively inside tmux. macterm (Mac OS X only) Opens a Terminal.app window and creates a tab for each ssh session. You must install the rb-appscript gem before you can use this option. SEE ALSO
knife-search(1) AUTHOR
Chef was written by Adam Jacob adam@opscode.com with many contributions from the community. DOCUMENTATION
This manual page was written by Joshua Timberman joshua@opscode.com. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and / or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License. CHEF
Knife is distributed with Chef. http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home Chef 10.12.0 June 2012 KNIFE-SSH(1)