Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Hong Kong Locale
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Hong Kong Locale Post 302412638 by jlliagre on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 05:21:35 AM
Old 04-13-2010
@solaris_user: Please don't advise to blindingly run "sys_unconfig" on production systems. This command is overkill and will break services and processes.

@jamba1: what are your default and current locales ?
Code:
grep -v "^#" /etc/default/init
echo ====
set | grep LC

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Locale setting

Hi, In the sample program, I am trying to print a Japanese string. The code is as follows: main() { setlocale(LC_ALL,""); printf("String is %S\n", L"JAP"); // Note "JAP" is a valid japanese string } If locale is C, the string gets printed, but if it a valid japanese locale, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dippan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input Locale

Hi Guys, Any ideas on how to install the zh_CN (Simplified Chinese) input locale for AIX5.2 ? Can't seem to find it any where. S. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpy
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing European Locale Packages

I have installed the locale package for en_GB and if i do a locale -a (after reboot) it will display: en_GB en_GB.ISO8859-1 en_GB.ISO8859-15 en_GB.ISO8859-15@euro (short version) and i get this when typing only 'locale': # locale LANG=en_GB LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME="C"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqtor
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using locale

:confused: Can anyone tell me how to test that locale is working properly in commands like awk, basename, bg, cd, cmp, col, command, csplit, cut, echo, egrep For ex. suppose I have changed locale using LC_ALL=german_germany.8859 export LC_ALL now i want to test(see) it's effect on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alodha
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Setting TImezone fr Hong kong

Hi, In solaris how to change the timezone to display to HKT I tried by putting TZ=Hongkong or TZ=Asia/Hong_kong but it is taking me to the display of CST. how to change it to HKT thanks Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamurugan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert GMT to Asia/Hong Kong time

hi friends, this is my first time with this type of script so please pardon my ignorance. i have this script in which a piece of code needs to be added which can have the Asia/Hong kong time as well. system date and format is GMT so no problem with GMT and even EST is covered..i have ato add new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Locale installation..

Hi All, I need to install a swedish locale on a solaris machine(ver. 10).I have the package downloaded.Can anyone please guide me through the steps and things i need to keep in mind when doing the same? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp without locale

Hi all, today i encounter one weird problem. I tried to do the sftp of one file from one server to another and try to load that file in some datawarehouse with a informatica(extraction,tranformation and loading tool) . But the tool is rejecting all later i found that there is some problem in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Locale changes?

I am upgrading a machine to Solaris 10 and noticed a change that would cause a problem for us. We have always used en_US.ISO8859-1 and selected that when setting up the new system. This is the format on our old system $ date Fri Sep 21 10:35:51 PDT 2012 And this is what I got on our old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bryan.Eidson
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Error on installing locale

Hi guys, I'm installing locale (en_US.UTF-8) from solaris 10 DVD as follows in a non-global zone: localeadm -a nam -d /cdrom/sol_10_807_sparc/s0/Solaris_10/Product It does install some packages and then prompts : No solaris3 image has been found in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
0 Replies
Encode::TW(3pm) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   Encode::TW(3pm)

NAME
Encode::TW - Taiwan-based Chinese Encodings SYNOPSIS
use Encode qw/encode decode/; $big5 = encode("big5", $utf8); # loads Encode::TW implicitly $utf8 = decode("big5", $big5); # ditto DESCRIPTION
This module implements tradition Chinese charset encodings as used in Taiwan and Hong Kong. Encodings supported are as follows. Canonical Alias Description -------------------------------------------------------------------- big5-eten /big-?5$/i Big5 encoding (with ETen extensions) /big5-?et(en)?$/i /tca-?big5$/i big5-hkscs /big5-?hk(scs)?$/i /hk(scs)?-?big5$/i Big5 + Cantonese characters in Hong Kong MacChineseTrad Big5 + Apple Vendor Mappings cp950 Code Page 950 = Big5 + Microsoft vendor mappings -------------------------------------------------------------------- To find out how to use this module in detail, see Encode. NOTES
Due to size concerns, "EUC-TW" (Extended Unix Character), "CCCII" (Chinese Character Code for Information Interchange), "BIG5PLUS" (CMEX's Big5+) and "BIG5EXT" (CMEX's Big5e) are distributed separately on CPAN, under the name Encode::HanExtra. That module also contains extra China-based encodings. BUGS
Since the original "big5" encoding(1984) is not supported anywhere (glibc and DOS-based systems uses "big5" to mean "big5-eten"; Microsoft uses "big5" to mean "cp950"), a conscious decision was made to alias "big5" to "big5-eten", which is the de facto superset of the original big5. The "CNS11643" encoding files are not complete. For common "CNS11643" manipulation, please use "EUC-TW" in Encode::HanExtra, which contains planes 1-7. The ASCII region (0x00-0x7f) is preserved for all encodings, even though this conflicts with mappings by the Unicode Consortium. SEE ALSO
Encode perl v5.16.2 2012-08-26 Encode::TW(3pm)