Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variable substitution in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable substitution in awk Post 302412595 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 03:11:52 AM
Old 04-13-2010
Try something like this:
Code:
REPL_DT=`date +'%Y\/%m\/%d'`
NEW_LINE=$(echo $Line | awk -v var=$REPL_DT '{$4=var; printf "# %-7s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}')

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitution in a variable

Hey All, I'm trying to clean up a variable using sed but It dosn't seem to work. I'm trying to find all the spaces and replace them with "\ " (a slash and a space). For Example "Hello World" should become "Hello\ World". But it does nothing. If I put it directly into the command line it works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spragueg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable substitution

Hi everyone, I have a simple question to ask : In a script that I'm writting, I need to create variables on-the-fly. For instance, for every iterartion of the following loop a var_X variable should be generated : #!/bin/ksh a="1 2 3" for i in $a do var_${i}=$i echo "${var_$i}" done ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ck-18
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk variable substitution

for the command below, it looks for the 3rd field value matching "P" and printing it. awk '{if ($3 == "P") print}' file how would i express this if i use a loop to find more that 1 variable fro a list? this doesn't seem to work... cat list | while read n do awk '{if ($3 == "$n") print}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable Substitution

I have run into a wall with my iptables firewall scripting. I am blocking all of the private side IP addresses on the WAN interface on systems running NAT. However, if the system is not running NAT and needs to allow access to the local LAN on the WAN interface, I need to block all but one of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable substitution

Hi, That might be pretty simple. How can I generate a variable name and get their value ? Thanks a lot. Something like: >CUSTOMER_NF=26 > object=CUSTOMER > echo ${object}_NF CUSTOMER_NF > echo ${${object}_NF} ksh: ${${object}_NF}: 0403-011 The specified substitution is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo_NN
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable substitution

file1.ksh #!/bin/ksh test5_create="I am a man" # test5 will be dynamic and the value will be passed from command line a=${1}_create echo $a # i need the output as "I am a man" ./file1.ksh test5 # i run the script like this any suggessions guys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variable with command substitution in variable

For example I have variable like below echo $OUTPUT /some/path/`uname -n` when I try to use the variable OUTPUT like below cd $OUTPUT or cd ${OUTPUT} I am getting bad substituion error message $ cd $OUTPUT ksh: cd: bad substitution $ cd ${OUTPUT} ksh: cd: bad substitution ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajukv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable substitution problem

Hi I am having a file like this ############################## j=1 while ] do temp_5=MODULE$j awk ' $1 ~ /'${!temp_5}'/ { do something }1' file1 > file2 ((j = j +1 )) done ################### Setting the variables like this (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)