Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: users per group
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting users per group Post 302412334 by ygemici on Monday 12th of April 2010 09:26:26 AM
Old 04-12-2010
MySQL

you can try this
Code:
cat /etc/group | grep -v "^.*:$" | sed 's/\([a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z]*\):x:[0-9][0-9]*:\(.*\)/\1 : 2/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding users to /etc/group

I'm using SAM to add users on an HP and they're adding fine. But in /etc/group it only lists the group names. It's not adding the users in there. Is there a way to have them put in there without going into SAM and modifying the group and adding them? I guess what I want to happen is when I add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golfhakker
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How do you list users in a solaris group

I need to list all users in a group. This is a large unix site running nis+. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
6 Replies

3. AIX

Max users in a group ?

Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a maximum limit to the number of users that can be assigned to a group. I currently have on a production server 900+ users in 1 group. I know some of these users are no longer valid as we only have 500 employees and not all employees use this application. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anmiller
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email to group of users

Hi , I want to write a Unix script which can send an automatic email to the group when my job is completed.I'm trying the following Mail -s "test" <groupname> << EOD >Completed >EOD With this i'm not able to send an email to group..Any ideas? Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BhawanaAggarwal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH for a group of users ?

Hi, Can any one tell me is it possible to setup private key public key pairing(SSH ) for a group of users , instead of setting it up for individual users ? Eg: Say i have 3 users A,B and C and i want the users to connect to SERVER1. instead of generating public private keys for each user , is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i allow only a group of users in NIS?

Hello experts. I am using Solaris10. How can i allow a group of users, remaining should be deny. Thanx in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diffferentiate group from users

Im trying to put all the groups in into a variable called $GROUP, however in /etc/group there are also lotsa users. And the GID of group can differ as it can be set, this there is no specific range, how can i put all the names of the groups into that variable? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change of group to different users

Need to change the chgrp for different uses d---rwx--t 3 root 764 4096 Mar 16 2007 algavi d---rwx--t 6 root 2857 4096 Jul 16 11:28 alharki d---rwx--t 5 root 2739 4096 Oct 14 2008 alpen d---rwx--t 5 root 546 4096 Mar 16 2007 alvarez d---rwx--t 3 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

9. Programming

to obtain users of each group in c

Hello They have ordered to me that makes several small utilities in C/C++ for the servants, among them a small program in C/C++ to generate a file HTML with the groups of that servant and in addition that is the corresponding users of that group. For example of a group: Group: Sys Members:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermeis
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users of own group shouldn't be able to delete

Oracle Linux 6.5 oracle user's primary group is oinstall and its secondary group is dba,asmdba,asmoper. For the below created directory, I want the users belonging to dba,asmdba,asmoper to be able create, read and execute files but not delete them. How can I achieve that. If I use 775 as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies
SSSD-SIMPLE(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					    SSSD-SIMPLE(5)

NAME
sssd-simple - the configuration file for SSSD's 'simple' access-control provider DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the configuration of the simple access-control provider for sssd(8). For a detailed syntax reference, refer to the "FILE FORMAT" section of the sssd.conf(5) manual page. The simple access provider grants or denies access based on an access or deny list of user or group names. The following rules apply: o If all lists are empty, access is granted o If any list is provided, the order of evaluation is allow,deny. This means that any matching deny rule will supersede any matched allow rule. o If either or both "allow" lists are provided, all users are denied unless they appear in the list. o If only "deny" lists are provided, all users are granted access unless they appear in the list. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Refer to the section "DOMAIN SECTIONS" of the sssd.conf(5) manual page for details on the configuration of an SSSD domain. simple_allow_users (string) Comma separated list of users who are allowed to log in. simple_deny_users (string) Comma separated list of users who are explicitly denied access. simple_allow_groups (string) Comma separated list of groups that are allowed to log in. This applies only to groups within this SSSD domain. Local groups are not evaluated. simple_deny_groups (string) Comma separated list of groups that are explicitly denied access. This applies only to groups within this SSSD domain. Local groups are not evaluated. Specifying no values for any of the lists is equivalent to skipping it entirely. Beware of this while generating parameters for the simple provider using automated scripts. Please note that it is an configuration error if both, simple_allow_users and simple_deny_users, are defined. EXAMPLE
The following example assumes that SSSD is correctly configured and example.com is one of the domains in the [sssd] section. This examples shows only the simple access provider-specific options. [domain/example.com] access_provider = simple simple_allow_users = user1, user2 SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSSD-SIMPLE(5)