Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying and pasting columns from different files Post 302412086 by Arlamos on Monday 12th of April 2010 01:42:44 PM
Old 04-12-2010
thanks for the help and explanation, it is much appreciated.

---------- Post updated 04-12-10 at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous update was 04-11-10 at 04:24 PM ----------

next step hah....is there a way to multiply the numbers in a specific column by some factor?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble pasting multiple files together!!

Hi, I would like to paste multiple files together into one large file. I have 23 of them and I would like to link them on a common variable without writing all the file names out (like in a simple join). Each has about 28,000 columns, but only 17 rows. So the final product would be a single file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etownbetty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying selected records from two columns to another file

Hey guys I have got a tab-separated file and I want to copy only selected records from two columns at a time satisfying specified condition, and create a new file. My tab separated file is like this ID score ID score ID Score ID score ID score 1_11 0.80 2_23 0.74 2.36 0.78 2_34 0.75 A_34... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacks
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pasting two files while transposing one of them

hey, I have more a structural problem. I have two input files: 1.inp: 1 2 3 a b c 2 3 4 d f g and the 2.inp 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 8 8 The goal is to get as much output files (with a name 1_2_3.dat) as lines in 1.inp are like this: 6 6 6 a 7 7 7 b 8 8 8 c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pasting fields from two files into one

i have two files with contents file a 1234,abcf 2345,drft 4444,befr file b tom,3 sam,5 dog,7 i want to print first column of file b and join to file a and get output as below tom,1234,abcf sam,2345,drft dog,4444,befr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying and Pasting columns from one text file to another

I have a tab delimited text file that I want to cut columns 3,4,5 from. Then I want to paste these columns into a space delimited text file between columns 2 and 3. I still want to keep the space delimited format in the final text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pasting files with different number of lines

Hi all, I tried to use the paste command to paste two files with different number of lines. e.g. file1 A 1 B 1 C 2 D 2 file2 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 4 E 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading files and pasting in another text file

Hi all, I have certain task to do, which involves reading the first column of 1.txt file. This is variable "event" 28434710 23456656 3456895 & finding this "event" in some other text file 2.txt, which has information in the following format #Zgamma: 1 run: 160998 event: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with pasting files in filesystem

quick question.. say i have few files in D or E drive.. i want to paste them in Filesystem that is /home/vivek folder... but when i try to do that it shows some error saying "There is not enough space on the destination. Try to remove files to make space." but i think its due to authorization... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pasting two files in every directory (+100 directories)

Hi, I have around 400 directories each one named as hour_1/ , hour_2/ .....hour_400/ and each of these contains two files, namely: File1: hour_1.txt (in hour_1/) , hour_2.txt (in hour_2/) ....hour_400.txt (in hour_400/) etc... File2: client_list_hour_1.txt (in hour_1/),... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pasting multiple files using awk with delimiter

hi, i want to PASTE two files, with a delimiter in between, using awk and pipe the output to another file. i am able to achive the reqirement using PASTE command. but it has a limitation of length till 511 bytes. Example: ------- File1: ---- sam micheal file2: ---- bosco... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedsadath
11 Replies
GSLP(1) 							    Ghostscript 							   GSLP(1)

NAME
gslp - Format and print text using ghostscript gsbj - Format and print text for BubbleJet printer using ghostscript gsdj - Format and print text for DeskJet printer using ghostscript gsdj500 - Format and print text for DeskJet 500 BubbleJet using ghostscript gslj - Format and print text for LaserJet printer using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
gslp -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> -T<n> --add-to-space <units> --add-to-width <units> --columns <n> --detect --first-page <n> --kern <file.afm> --last-page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> --margin-(top|bot- tom|left|right) <inches> --no-eject-(file|formfeed) --spacing <n> [gs options] [files] gsbj [options] [files] gsdj [options] [files] gsdj500 [options] [files] gslj [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This utility provides functionality approximately equivalent to the Unix enscript(1) program. It prints plain text files using a single font. It currently handles tabs and formfeeds, but not backspaces. It will line-wrap when using fixed-pitch fonts. It will also do kern- ing and width adjustment. The default device (-sDEVICE=) and resolution (-r) are as follows: gslp epson 180 gsbj bj10e 180 gsdj deskjet 300 gsdj500 djet500 300 gslj laserjet 300 By default the current date is formatted as the center header. OPTIONS
Standard switches implemented: -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> Sun switches implemented: -T<n> set tab width Switches ignored: -GghKkmow -# -C -d -J -n -P -S -s -t -v Switches added: --add-to-space <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each space (may be negative) --add-to-width <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each character (may be negative) --columns <n> print in <n> columns --detect treat the file as PostScript if it starts with %! --first-page <n> start printing at page <n> --kern <file.afm> kern using information from the given .AFM file --last-page <n> stop printing after page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> set the heading/footing fields; use -B first to clear --margin-(top|bottom|left|right) <inches> set a margin --no-eject-(file|formfeed) end-of-file/FF only starts a new column, not a new sheet --spacing <n> use double (n=2), triple (n=3), etc. spacing Also, the string %# in a heading or footing is replaced with the page #. SEE ALSO
gs(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 9.07 12 February 2013 GSLP(1)