Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Output text from 1st paragraph in file w/ a specific string through last paragraph of file w/ string Post 302411886 by carpenn on Friday 9th of April 2010 04:41:53 PM
Old 04-09-2010
Thanks, that should work great

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting each paragraph and put it into a file...help me

Dear Friends, I need a shell script. I am facing a problem while selecting the text that is between start and end tags. and insert the paragraph into a file1, next paragraph in file2...... experts please help. i have a file which contains, -------------- <abc> 111some text some text some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a paragraph between pattern , with the content 4m another file

hi, i wanted to put the output of file f1 into the pattern space of file f2 f1: wjwjwjwjwjwjwj //these line go in file f2 jwjwjwjwjwjjwjw wjwjwjwjjwjwjwj f2: Pattern_start __________ //these are the line to be replaced __________ Pattern_end i m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: go4desperado
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a particular string in a paragraph in a text

Hi all, i'm new to this community. I am trying to write a script which will fetch ftp completion time of a file from a paragraph of a big text file ( which contains multiple paragraphs) . Each paragraph will have ftp details.. Now I dont know how to fetch process time within a paragraph of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prachiagra
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy way to pull a paragraph from a text file?

I have a collection of text files that comprise a mailing list archive. I grep them to find an email that interests me, then open the file in a text editor to find the surrounding paragraph of text. Is there an easy way to do this from the shell instead? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print each paragraph in a text file into excel file

Hi, I have a below text file, which needs to be printed into attached excel file. Please help me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Removing anything from text file except specific string

So, I have a text file that looks like this: 0,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 1,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 2,0: (166,166,174) #A6A6AE srgb(166,166,174) 3,0: (166,166,174) #A6A6AE srgb(166,166,174) 4,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 5,0:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read all data after a specific string from a text file ?

Hi, I have a file(input.txt) and trying to format as output.txt. See the attached file format. Note: This is a windows file (DOS format) and the commands are also going to execute on windows. Basically I am trying to capture all the data in between Local Group Memberships and Global Group... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monoj2014
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read paragraph from file

Hi, I have a file containing SQL commands in following format. I need to run the SQLs separately and also print the status of SQL, successful/unsuccessful. File : SQL.dat ## SQL1 select * from dual; ## SQL2 select user from dual10; Expected output: SQL1:PASS SQL2:FAIL Started... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a paragraph containing a given string?

Hello: Have a very annoying problem: Need to extract paragraphs with a specific string in them from a very large file with a repeating record separator. Example data: a file called test.out CREATE VIEW view1 AS something FROM table1 ,table2 as A, table3 (something FROM table4) FROM... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join Lines every paragraph in a file.txt

Hi all, Is there any idea on how to automate convert the paragraph in one line in a file, this will happen after OCR the documents, OCR split every paragraph. I need to join all the paragraph in one line. #cat file.txtThe Commission on Higher Education (CHED) was created through Republic Act... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
7 Replies
fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3) 			Programmer's Manual			   fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3)

NAME
fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels - get embedding levels SYNOPSIS
#include <fribidi.h> FriBidiLevel fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels ( const FriBidiCharType *bidi_types, const FriBidiStrIndex len, FriBidiParType *pbase_dir, FriBidiLevel *embedding_levels ); PARAMETERS
const FriBidiCharType *bidi_types Input list of bidi types as returned by fribidi_get_bidi_types(). Possible values for a const FriBidiCharType are as follows: FRIBIDI_TYPE_LTR Left-To-Right letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RTL Right-To-Left letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_AL Arabic Letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_EN European Numeral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_AN Arabic Numeral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ES European number Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ET European number Terminator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_CS Common Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_NSM Non Spacing Mark. FRIBIDI_TYPE_BN Boundary Neutral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_BS Block Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_SS Segment Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_WS WhiteSpace. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ON Other Neutral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_LRE Left-to-Right Embedding. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RLE Right-to-Left Embedding. FRIBIDI_TYPE_LRO Left-to-Right Override. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RLO Right-to-Left Override. FRIBIDI_TYPE_PDF Pop Directional Flag. const FriBidiStrIndex len Input string length of the paragraph. FriBidiParType *pbase_dir Requested and resolved paragraph base direction. Possible values for a FriBidiParType are as follows: FRIBIDI_PAR_LTR Left-To-Right paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_RTL Right-To-Left paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_ON DirectiOn-Neutral paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_WLTR Weak Left To Right paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_WRTL Weak Right To Left paragraph. FriBidiLevel *embedding_levels Output list of embedding levels. DESCRIPTION
Deprecated. Replaced by fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels. SEE ALSO
fribidi_charset_to_unicode(3), fribidi_unicode_to_charset(3), fribidi_parse_charset(3), fribidi_shape_arabic(3), fribidi_get_par_direc- tion(3), fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_reorder_line(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type(3), fribidi_get_bidi_types(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type_name(3), fribidi_debug_status(3), fribidi_mirroring_status(3), fribidi_set_mirroring(3), fribidi_reorder_nsm_sta- tus(3), fribidi_set_reorder_nsm(3), fribidi_get_type(3), fribidi_get_type_internal(3), fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3), fribidi_log2vis(3), fribidi_join_arabic(3), fribidi_get_joining_type(3), fribidi_get_joining_types(3), fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3), fribidi_get_mir- ror_char(3), fribidi_shape_mirroring(3), fribidi_shape(3) GNU FriBidi 0.19.3 25 August 2012 fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3)