Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how delete a special file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how delete a special file Post 302411344 by madmat on Thursday 8th of April 2010 09:59:29 AM
Old 04-08-2010
please ls your directory

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file.please give the required commands for my requirement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file Permnently.please give the required commands for my requirement. required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to delete whole directory in special case

Hello, Today, as a root user, i want to copy recursively all files and diretories in a source directory to a destination directory using the following command, cp -r /home/smith/* /home/bob/ However, I carelessly missed the '*' out when I executed the command. Now, i noticed a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a file with special characters

I don't now exactly how I did it, but I created a file named " -C " cexdi:/home1 $ls -lt total 1801336 -rw------- 1 cexdi ced-group 922275840 23 mars 10:03 -C How do I delete this file ? cexdi:/home1 $rm -C rm: invalid option -- C Syntax : rm filename ... Doesn't work...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yveslagace
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete pattern with special characters

Hi all, I have the following lines <b>A gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) <b>B gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) <b>J gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) and I would like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete special characters from the file content

Hello Team, Any one suggest how to delte the below special character from a file which is having one column 10 rows of same below content. ---------------------------------------- Kosten|bersicht gemd_ ' =Welche Kosten kvnnen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete special characters

My sed is not working on deleting the entire special characters and leaving what is necessary.grep connections_per a|sed -e 's/\<\!\-\-//g' INPUT: <!-- <connections_per_instance>1</connections_per_instance> --> <method>HALF</method> <!--... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to delete special characters exists only at the end of the each record in UNIX file?

Hi, I have a file in unix with 15 columns.It consists special characters(#,$,^M,@,*,% etc)at the end of the each record.I want to remove these special characters.I used the following: Sed -e 's/ /g;s/ */ /g' . But It is removing special characters exists everywhere in the file(begining,middle... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
24 Replies
mvdir(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 mvdir(1M)

NAME
mvdir - move a directory SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mvdir dirname name DESCRIPTION
mvdir moves directories within a file system. dirname must be a directory. If name does not exist, it will be created as a directory. If name does exist, and is a directory, dirname will be created as name/dirname. dirname and name may not be on the same path; that is, one may not be subordinate to the other. For example: example% mvdir x/y x/z is legal, but example% mvdir x/y x/y/z is not. OPERANDS
dirname The name of the directory that is to be moved to another directory in the filesystem. name The name of the directory into which dirname is to be moved. If name does not exist, it will be created. It may not be on the same path as dirname. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of mvdir when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXIT STATUS
0 Successful operation. >0 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkdir(1), mv(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Mar 1997 mvdir(1M)