Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo Problem?
Operating Systems Linux Sudo Problem? Post 302411314 by mark54g on Thursday 8th of April 2010 07:58:55 AM
Old 04-08-2010
do a "which groupadd" maybe since it is in /usr/sbin/ and not part of a normal user's path, you need to invoke it with the full PATH? Smilie

Also, since . is not in the PATH (And it should not be) you should try ./groupadd when running in the /usr/sbin/ directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sudo su and .sh script

here is my script: #!/bin/sh cd /Users/a echo "what is the name of the file u want?" read var1 var1=$var1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command problem

Hi All, I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id. Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like /usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with password expire and sudo.

Hi, I have a small problem that I need to address regarding the password expiration for a number of different oracle accounts. Currently I have the MAXWEEKS set to 12 in the /etc/default/passwd file for all accounts. I also have sudo installed on the server and users access the oracle accounts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Sudo inside a here document

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo wildcards problem: for every argument a *-wildcard? Better solution?

Hi I allow the user tommy to run this command as root sudoCommand: /app/appname/connectors/*/*/current/bin/*With "sudo -l" he sees the sudoers, but is unable to execute. $ sudo /app/appname/connectors/zur/namename/current/bin/othername agentsvc --i --u root --sn 1m7command Sorry, user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Problem using sudo with NOPASSWD

I need to configure access for a user in an HP-UX to : 1) use certain commands and 2) login as another user as a sudo. These have to be done WITHOUT the user needing to enter a password. However, after I enter the lines using visudo, there is a prompt for a password when the user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aigini82
3 Replies
groupadd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      groupadd(1M)

NAME
groupadd - add (create) a new group definition on the system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/groupadd [ -g gid [-o]] group DESCRIPTION
The groupadd command creates a new group definition on the system by adding the appropriate entry to the /etc/group file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -g gid Assigns the group id gid for the new group. This group id must be a non-negative decimal integer below MAXUID as defined in /usr/include/sys/param.h. The group ID defaults to the next available (unique) number above the highest number currently assigned. For example, if groups 100, 105, and 200 are assigned as groups, the next default group number will be 201. (Group IDs from 0-99 are reserved by SunOS for future applications.) -o Allows the gid to be duplicated (non-unique). OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: group A string consisting of characters from the set of lower case alphabetic characters and numeric characters. A warning message will be written if the string exceeds MAXGLEN, which is usually set at eight characters. The group field must contain at least one character; it accepts lower case or numeric characters or a combination of both, and must not contain a colon (:) or NEWLINE. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 2 Invalid command syntax. A usage message for the groupadd command is displayed. 3 An invalid argument was provided to an option. 4 The gid is not unique (when -o option is not used). 9 The group is not unique. 10 The /etc/group file cannot be updated. FILES
/etc/group /usr/include/userdefs.h ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
users(1B), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), grpck(1M), logins(1M), pwck(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), usermod(1M), group(4), attributes(5) NOTES
groupadd only adds a group definition to the local system. If a network name service such as NIS or NIS+ is being used to supplement the local /etc/group file with additional entries, groupadd cannot change information supplied by the network name service. However, groupadd will verify the uniqueness of group name and group ID against the external name service. SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 1998 groupadd(1M)