Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Rebuilt my HTPC, need some pointers Post 302411188 by tlarkin on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 11:55:04 PM
Old 04-08-2010
Well for the sake of anyone finding this thread via search or Google I figure I'd let you all know the outcome, which I am sure you are all dying to know....Smilie

In the end I returned the Nvidia 210 card and picked up an ATI Radeon 4350 and it works in Ubuntu with the ATI proprietary drivers out of the box, including Audio over HDMI. So now my Ubuntu HTPC and MythTV box is boasting 7.1 audio out to my receiver, and life is now good....

Well I spoke too soon. The audio out works, yes, and my receiver does get surround sound. However, I cannot control the audio levels via software mixer in Linux. So I need to figure out how to tweak that.

Last edited by tlarkin; 04-08-2010 at 12:00 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Pointers to Arrays

Below is the program i tried to execute...... main() { static int a = {0,1,2,3,4}; static int *p = {a, a+1, a+2, a+3, a+4}; printf (“\n %u %u %d”, p, *p, *(*p) ); } This works, but i wanted to know why both a and *p are declared as "static". If we dont declare a as static... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayathirtha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

functiom pointers

Hi all i wonder about function pointers as i never used them in my C code . could any tell me why and where exactly function pointers come into picture . thanq (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

3. Programming

pointers

is this a valid c declaration int (*ptr(int *b)); plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
4 Replies

4. Programming

pointers

Hi I mash with pointers in C. I solve this problem about 5 hours and I don't know how I should continue. void InsertFirst (tList *L, int val) { tElemPtr new; if((new = malloc(sizeof(tElemPtr))) == NULL) Error(); new->data = val; new->ptr = L->frst; L->frst = new;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milla
2 Replies

5. Programming

restricted pointers

Hi all. I am trying to use restricted pointers to allow the gcc compiler optimize the code, but I have not been able to make it work so far. I am testing with this code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> #include <sys/time.h> void vecmult(int n, int * restrict a, int... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shared pointers

I am new to shared pointer conceot in C++ and hence require some clarification: For example: class A { public: virtual ~A() { } int x; }; typedef boost::shared_ptr<A>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with the Pointers in C

I have a special character called ô. When it is declared as a character variable its showing it can be printed. But when it is declared as a character pointer variable its showing it cannot be printed. I am just wondering why its happening like this.. c1 = '@'; c2 = 'ô'; char *fp; fp="XXô"; if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem With Pointers

Hi guys. What is the difference between these: 1. int *a; 2. int (*a); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

9. Programming

Pointer to pointers

Hi guys, I'm trying to understand pointers in C and made a simple example and I've problems with It. Can someone help? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <assert.h> int f1(char **str_); int main(int argc, char **argv) { char *str = NULL; f1(&str); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

10. Programming

Pointers and array

Hello, I read from a book exercise for a challenge. How to print out each letter of char array a by two different pointers pa and ppa in the example? I have tried my code for letter "r" by testing without full understanding as only the first one worked. #include<stdio.h> int main() { char... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
17 Replies
DUO(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    DUO(3)

NAME
duo -- Duo authentication service SYNOPSIS
#include <duo.h> duo_t * duo_open(const char *ikey, const char *skey, const char *progname, const char *cafile); void duo_set_conv_funcs(duo_t *d, char *(*conv_prompt)(void *conv_arg, const char *, char *, size_t), void (*conv_status)(void *conv_arg, const char *msg), void *conv_arg); void duo_set_host(duo_t *d, const char *hostname); void duo_set_ssl_verify(duo_t *d, int bool); duo_code_t duo_login(duo_t *d, const char *username, const char *client_ip, int flags, const char *command); const char * duo_geterr(duo_t *d); void duo_close(duo_t *d); DESCRIPTION
The duo API provides access to the Duo two-factor authentication service. duo_open() is used to obtain a handle to the Duo service. ikey and skey are the required integration and secret keys, respectively, for a Duo customer account. progname identifies the program to the Duo service. cafile should be NULL or the pathname of a PEM-format CA certifi- cate to override the default. duo_set_conv_funcs() may be used to override the internal user conversation functions. conv_prompt is called to present the user a login menu and prompt, and gather their response, returning buf or NULL on error. It may be set to NULL if automatic login is specified with DUO_FLAG_AUTO. conv_status is called to display status messages to the user, and may be NULL if no status display is needed. conv_arg is passed as the first argument to these conversation functions. duo_set_host() may be used to override the default Duo API host. duo_set_ssl_verify() may be used to override SSL certificate verification (enabled by default). duo_login() performs secondary authentication via the Duo service for the specified username. client_ip is the source IP address of the con- nection to be authenticated, or NULL to specify the local host. The following bitmask values are defined for flags: DUO_FLAG_AUTO Attempt authentication without prompting the user, using their default out-of-band authentication factor. DUO_FLAG_SYNC Do not report incremental status during authentication (e.g. voice callback progress) - only issue one status message per authentication attempt. If not NULL, the command to be authorized will be displayed during push authentication. duo_geterr() returns a description of the last-seen error on the specified Duo API handle. The returned constant string should not be modi- fied or freed by the caller. duo_close() closes and frees the specified Duo API handle. RETURN VALUES
duo_open() returns a pointer to the configured Duo API handle, or NULL on failure. duo_login() returns status codes of type duo_code_t, which may have the following values: DUO_OK User authenticated DUO_FAIL User failed to authenticate DUO_ABORT User denied by policy DUO_LIB_ERROR Unexpected library error DUO_CONN_ERROR Duo service unreachable DUO_CLIENT_ERROR Invalid client parameters to API call DUO_SERVER_ERROR Duo service error In the event of a DUO_*_ERROR return, duo_geterr may be called to recover a human-readable error message. duo_geterr() returns a constant string which should not be modified or freed by the caller. SEE ALSO
pam_duo(8), login_duo(1) AUTHORS
Duo Security <duo_unix@duosecurity.com> BSD
October 31, 2010 BSD