Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check that passed parameters all have the same extension? Post 302410990 by cs03dmj on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 10:10:07 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Thanks both.

Posix - your suggestion prompted the following which is much easier to follow than my previous attempt(s) - thanks!

Code:
if [ `for file in $@; do
                echo ${file} | sed 's/^[^\.]*//'
        done | uniq -c | wc -l` -gt 1 ]; then
                echo "All extensions are NOT alike."
                exit 1
        else
                echo "All extensions ARE alike."
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if argument passed is an integers

How do I check if the argument passed to a script is an integer? I am writting a script that will take to integers and want to be able to check before I go on. I am using bourne shell. Thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: elchalateco
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning a Variable all the Parameters passed

Hi, I have a unix script which can accept n number of parameters . I can get the parameter count using the following command and assign it to a variable file_count=$# Is there a similar command through which i can assign a variable all the values that i have passed as a parameter ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting passed in parameters

we want to produce a script that we can pass parameters of -a for email address and -s for subject then the report filename, so an exmaple would be; email_report -a sendto@domain.com -s This is a test reportname.txt The problem we have is the subject can have more than one word, so I can't just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spookyrtd99
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script not able to take parameters passed to it

when I pass any 2 parameters it always says: Number of parameters passed: 1 and the job_name as x Can some body help? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script not able to take parameters passed to it

debug output: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh: verifying number of parameters passed

hi all, i have a ksh script that takes up to 3 parameters -- only 2 of which are required. what's the simplest way to check if the user passed 2 or 3 parameters? if 3 parameters are not null then do this elif 2 parameters are not null then do this else echo "you need at least 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankimo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameters passed to commands but not working in Bash shell

Hi, I am trying to do this thing useing my shell bash ( sorry for my english ) I have in a file 63 hostnames, i wanna ask to the DHCP admin, to reserv that reserves 63 IP addresses of this hosts, using their mac address. I have thinked this script: for ((i=1;i<63;i++)); do arp $(head... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cypress
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if passed arguments is users

i want to check passed arguments one by one and if it is user print home director of that user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: testman84
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three parameters passed from a script to other at different time

nothing (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikha84
0 Replies
SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)						 1						SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)

ssh2_methods_negotiated - Return list of negotiated methods

SYNOPSIS
array ssh2_methods_negotiated (resource $session) DESCRIPTION
Returns list of negotiated methods. PARAMETERS
o $session - An SSH connection link identifier, obtained from a call to ssh2_connect(3). RETURN VALUES
EXAMPLES
Example #1 Determining what methods were negotiated <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); $methods = ssh2_methods_negotiated($connection); echo "Encryption keys were negotiated using: {$methods['kex']} "; echo "Server identified using an {$methods['hostkey']} with "; echo "fingerprint: " . ssh2_fingerprint($connection) . " "; echo "Client to Server packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['client_to_server']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['client_to_server']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['client_to_server']['mac']} "; echo "Server to Client packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['server_to_client']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['server_to_client']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['server_to_client']['mac']} "; ?> SEE ALSO
ssh2_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)