Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to (n)awk lines of CSV with certain number of fields? Post 302410984 by Coach- on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 09:57:28 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Please try with this

awk -F"," ' NF == 4 {print }' myfile

I think this should work.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-usable function to parse csv files with different number of fields

Hi there, been pondering how to deal with this and hoping someone would give me an insight on this. I need help on creating a reusable bash funtion to parse csv files containing different number of fields (comma-seperated). My initial thought is to create function for each input csv file (20+... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jy2k7ca
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a csv file into specified number of files (not lines)

hi, i really need it ...it's not simple to explain but as it's part of a crontab i can't split the file manually...and the file can change every day so the lines are not a good base. example: how to split 1 csv file in 15 files? thank you very much regards :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV to SQL insert: Awk for strings with multiple lines in csv

Hi Fellows, I have been struggling to fix an issue in csv records to compose sql statements and have been really losing sleep over it. Here is the problem: I have csv files in the following pipe-delimited format: Column1|Column2|Column3|Column4|NEWLINE Address Type|some descriptive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khayal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two csv file fields using awk script

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing the columns/fields in the File2.csv. I only need the records whose first column is same and the second column is different for the same record in both files.Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK|ACTIVE|1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split lines without knowing the number of fields a-priori

I want to use awk to split fields and put them into a file but I don't know the number of fields for example, in the following line Ports: 22/filtered/tcp//ssh///, 53/open/tcp//tcpwrapped///, 111/filtered/tcp//rpcbind///, 543/filtered/tcp//klogin///, 544/filtered/tcp//kshell///,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ksh88 and awk] Number of fields with a value.

Hi, With: # VALUES="one~two~~~" # echo $VALUES | awk 'BEGIN {FS="~"} {print NF}' 5 I can determine the number of fields. How to determine the number of fields with a value ? In this case 2. Thanks in advance, ejdv (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Combine multiple lines based on number of fields

If a file has following kind of data, comma delimited 1,2,3,4 1 1 1,2,3,4 1,2 2 2,3,4 My required output must have only 4 columns with comma delimited 1,2,3,4 111,2,3,4 1,222,3,4 I have tried many awk command using ORS="" but couldnt progress (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdkm
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to count lines of CSV file where 2 fields match variables?

I'm trying to use awk to count the occurrences of two matching fields of a CSV file. For instance, for data that looks like this... Joe,Blue,Yes,No,High Mike,Blue,Yes,Yes,Low Joe,Red,No,No,Low Joe,Red,Yes,Yes,Low I've been trying to use code like this... countvar=`awk ' $2~/$color/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmoore2843
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines if fields match in lines

In the awk below, what I am attempting to do is check each line in the tab-delimeted input, which has ~20 lines in it, for a keyword SVTYPE=Fusion. If the keyword is found I am splitting $3 using the . (dot) and reading the portion before and after the dot in an array a. If it does have that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-export - Export data in an MDB database table to CSV format. SYNOPSIS
mdb-export [-H] [-d delimiter] [-R row_delim] [[-Q] | [-q quote [-X escape]]] [-I] [-D format] database table DESCRIPTION
mdb-export is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. It produces a CSV (comma separated value) output for the given table. Such output is suitable for importation into databases or spread- sheets. OPTIONS
-H Supress header row -Q Don't wrap text-like fields (text, memo, date) in quotes. If not specified text fiels will be surrounded by " (double quote) char- acters. -d Specify an alternative column delimiter If no delimiter is specified, table names will be delimited by a , (comma) character. -R Specify a row delimiter -I INSERT statements (instead of CSV). You must specify the SQL dialect. -D Set the date format (see strftime(3) for details) -q Use to wrap text-like fields. Default is ". -X Use to escape quoted characters within a field. Default is doubling. -N namespace Prefix identifiers with namespace. NOTES
ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset to use for the SQL file. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-sql(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-schema(1) mdb-tables(1) HISTORY
mdb-export first appeared in MDB Tools 0.1. AUTHORS
The mdb-export utility was written by Brian Bruns. BUGS
Memo fields are allowed to contain a newline characters, the current program does nothing about this. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)