Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solaris+Perl script to get process start date Post 302410943 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 07:57:25 AM
Old 04-07-2010
The time/stat functions work very well and have been completely tested over and over.

Did this problem occur on the day when you went from standard time to daylight time?

Does your system run xntpd or ntpd?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to get process start date and time

what is command to get same using ps with switch. I know process id, by specify process id. It should work on solaris and hp-ux I will be happy if for both different commands. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naeem ahmad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

start process at assidned date and time

How can I start FTP at assigned DATE and TIME? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd2003
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

4. Solaris

How to get process start date and time in SOLARIS?

how can I get the process start date and time? using ps command i can get the timstamp for a process, which are started today. and only date (MMM DD) for others. i need to get both for all the running process. please help. Regards, Jagadeeswaran.K (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeeswaran.K
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture dates between start date and end date Using perl.

Hi All, Want to get all dates and Julian week number for that date between the start date and end date. How can I achive this using perl? (To achive above functionality, I was connecting to the database from DB server. Need to execute the same script in application server, since databse... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract week start,end date from given date in PERL

Hi All, what i want to do in perl is i should give the date at run time .Suppose date given is 23/12/2011(mm/dd/yyyy) the perl script shold find week start date, week end date, previous week start date,end date,next week start date, end date. In this case week start date will be-:12/19/2011... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies
xntpd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  xntpd(8)

NAME
xntpd - Network Time Protocol (NTP) daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/xntpd [-abdgmx] [-c conffile] [-e auth_delay] [-f driftfile] [-k keyfile] [-l logfile] [-p pidfile] [-r broaddelay] [-s statdir] [-t trustedkey] [-v sysvar] [-V def_sysvar] OPTIONS
Runs in authenticate mode. Listens for broadcast NTP and synchronizes to this if available. Specify debugging mode. This option may occur multiple times, with each occurence indicating greater detail of display. Allows xntpd to correct any time difference, including differ- ences greater than 1000 seconds. Listens for multicast messages and synchronizes to them if available (requires multicast kernel). Pre- vents xntpd from setting the system time backward. In NTP version 3, the default allows xntpd to set the system time backward. Specifies an alternate configuration file. Specifies the time (in seconds) it takes to compute the NTP encryption field on this computer. Specifies the location of the drift file. Specifies the location of the file which contains the NTP authentication keys. See ntp.keys(4) for infor- mation on the authentication key file format. Specifies a log file instead of logging to syslog. Specifies the name of the file to record the daemon's process id. Specifies the default round trip delay (in seconds) to be used if the daemon cannot automatically compensate for network delay when synchronizing to broadcasts. Specifies the directory in which to create statistics files. Adds a key number to the trusted key list. Adds a system variable. Adds a system variable listed by default. DESCRIPTION
The xntpd daemon maintains a system's time-of-day in agreement with Internet standard time servers. The xntpd daemon is a complete imple- mentation of the Network Time Protocol (NTP) version 3 standard as defined by RFC 1305, but also retains compatibility with version 1 and version 2 servers as defined by RFC 1059 and RFC 1119, respectively. The xntpd daemon does all computations in fixed point arithmetic and requires no floating point code. The computations done in the proto- col and clock adjustment code are carried out with high precision and with attention to the details that might introduce systematic bias into the computations, to try to maintain an accuracy suitable for synchronizing with even the most precise external time source. The xntpd daemon reads its configuration from a file at startup time. The default configuration file is /etc/ntp.conf. The xntpd daemon can be monitored and configuration options altered while the daemon is running by using either the ntpq(8) or the xntpdc(8) program. The xntpd daemon includes support for several commercially available external reference clocks. See ntp.conf(4) for information on the use and configuration of reference clocks. The Tru64 UNIX operating system also provides the NTP_TIME and MICRO_TIME kernel options to allow greater accuracy and time resolution. See ntp_intro(7) and Network Administration for more information. FILES
Default name of the configuration file Conventional name of the drift file Conventional name of the key file SEE ALSO
Commands: ntp(1), ntpdate(8), ntpq(8), xntpdc(8) Files: ntp.conf(4), ntp.keys(4) Network Administration HISTORY
Written by Dennis Ferguson at the University of Toronto. Text amended by David Mills at the University of Delaware. xntpd(8)