Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installation help needed(64 bit or 32 bit) Post 302410796 by amitranjansahu on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 12:41:19 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Which OS ?

Code:
grep flags /proc/cpuinfo

lm means Long mode - 64 bit CPU
Real mode 16 bit CPU
Protected Mode is 32-bit CPU

[piyushs@piyushs amit]$ grep flags /proc/cpuinfo
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm lm

Check this link for the details

64-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
dma32_pool_size(5)						File Formats Manual						dma32_pool_size(5)

NAME
dma32_pool_size - the amount of memory to reserve for the 32-bit DMA pool VALUES
Minimum Maximum Default Specify an integer value. DESCRIPTION
This tunable specifies the amount of memory in the first 4GB of the physical address space to be reserved for DMA for 32-bit cards. The memory is set aside at boot time and cannot be used for other purposes. This is required only on some Itanium platforms. On platforms where the 32-bit pool is not needed, this value is ignored. The value of this tunable should be set based on the number of 32-bit cards in the system and the type of cards. Related Parameters None WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
None Itanium(R)-based System Only Tunable Kernel Parameters dma32_pool_size(5)