Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script pulling variable from query_string Post 302410654 by numele on Tuesday 6th of April 2010 01:16:07 PM
Old 04-06-2010
Bash script pulling variable from query_string

I have a variable embedded in a long string called "commands" coming in on a query_string. I need to copy the string to a file with the variable $loop1 converted before it writes. Right now, it writes the varible itself instead of what it should be.

QUERY_STRING
Code:
test.cgi?commands=cont+local%0D%0Aconfig%0D%0Acont+local%0D%0Aport+atm+3%2F0%0D%0Adescription+%24loop1%0D%0Acommit%0D%0A

Code:
#!/bin/sh
loop1="10.1.1.1"
echo "$QUERY_STRING" | sed -n 's/^.*commands=\([^&]*\).*$/\1/p' | nawk 'gsub(/%0D%0A/,"\n")' | sed 's/+/ /g;s/%24/\$/g;s/%2F/\//g' > cmd.list

This is what prints to the file:
Code:
cont local
config
cont local
port atm 3/0
description $loop1
commit

Here is what I need it to print:
Code:
cont local
config
cont local
port atm 3/0
description 10.1.1.1
commit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you parse a variable in a bash script?

I have a script I use on my web server (Apache2). I am changing to Lighttpd and need to make a few changes. This is what I use on my apache server #!/bin/bash # accepts 3 parameters: <domain name> <user name> <XXXXXXXX> # domain name is without www (just domain.com) # username would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

QUERY_STRING with multiples appearances of the same string prefix

I have a shell script and it works pretty well to pull out the query_string contents of a single instance of router= But if I have multiple router= strings, it only pulls out the last one. Is there a way to pull out every router= and if there is a multple string, to egrep them together... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling remote hostname into variable

I'm trying to write a shell script using bash that connects to a remote server, runs a command that generates a file, pulls the file over, then renames it with the hostname of the remote server and a an extension. So far, I'm able to everything but pull the hostname of the remote server into a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobbes80
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic bash -- pulling files from an FTP server

Hi guys. Very new to this so apologies if this is ridiculously obvious, but I am not sure why this isn't working. I want to pull a file off an FTP server. I currently do it through windows, which is no problem, but I want to move everything to a Linux box I just installed. wget won't work as the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormajormajor
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH- Need help pulling data from .emlx

Hello, fellow computer junkies. First time poster! My boss wrote an application (Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8) that checks a user's security settings. The user runs the application, then it spits out an email that is sent back to our inbox showing the results. On our end, we have a mail rule... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script having variable substitution problems

Hi I am setting the variables like this : setenv MODULE1 modem5__3 setenv MODULE2 modem5__2 setenv MODULE3 modem_ctrl_1_1 setenv MODULE4 modem_1_0 setenv COUNT 10 I am having a bash script as shown below ################################################ #!/bin/bash for ((... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Acces Variable from expect-Script in bash-Script

Hi all, I have a little problem with a expect in a bash Script. The hull of my script: #!/bin/sh ( expect -c ' set a \"eee\"; # the variable a ' ) echo $a; # using the variable out of the expect script I would like to use the variable out of the expect script(in bash),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalfthepink
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Pulling first and last character in string

I am writing a bash script that will find all references to the “Well_List” in the “Comp_File”. I am filtering a Well_List that contains the following: TEST_WELL_01 TEST_WELL_02 TEST_WELL_11 TEST_WELL_22 GOV_WELL_1 GOV_WELL_201 PUB_WELL_57 PUB_WELL_82 . . Comparison... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petfyp
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to use a sed command as a variable

I need to be able to use a sed command as a variable in a bash script. I have the sed command that almost works the way I want it. the command is sed -n '/inet/,/}/p' config.boot This gets me this result: inet 192.168.1.245 } I need to get the IP address into a variable so I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: edlentz
9 Replies
URLENCODE(3)								 1							      URLENCODE(3)

urlencode - URL-encodes string

SYNOPSIS
string urlencode (string $str) DESCRIPTION
This function is convenient when encoding a string to be used in a query part of a URL, as a convenient way to pass variables to the next page. PARAMETERS
o $str - The string to be encoded. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string in which all non-alphanumeric characters except -_. have been replaced with a percent ( %) sign followed by two hex dig- its and spaces encoded as plus ( +) signs. It is encoded the same way that the posted data from a WWW form is encoded, that is the same way as in application/x-www-form-urlencoded media type. This differs from the RFC 3986 encoding (see rawurlencode(3)) in that for historical reasons, spaces are encoded as plus (+) signs. EXAMPLES
Example #1 urlencode(3) example <?php echo '<a href="mycgi?foo=', urlencode($userinput), '">'; ?> Example #2 urlencode(3) and htmlentities(3) example <?php $query_string = 'foo=' . urlencode($foo) . '&bar=' . urlencode($bar); echo '<a href="mycgi?' . htmlentities($query_string) . '">'; ?> NOTES
Note Be careful about variables that may match HTML entities. Things like &amp, &copy and &pound are parsed by the browser and the actual entity is used instead of the desired variable name. This is an obvious hassle that the W3C has been telling people about for years. The reference is here: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2. PHP supports changing the argument separator to the W3C-suggested semi-colon through the arg_separator .ini directive. Unfortu- nately most user agents do not send form data in this semi-colon separated format. A more portable way around this is to use &amp; instead of & as the separator. You don't need to change PHP's arg_separator for this. Leave it as &, but simply encode your URLs using htmlentities(3) or htmlspecialchars(3). SEE ALSO
urldecode(3), htmlentities(3), rawurlencode(3), rawurldecode(3), RFC 3986. PHP Documentation Group URLENCODE(3)