Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX POWER HA 5.5 & Service IP / disk heart beat Post 302410590 by filosophizer on Tuesday 6th of April 2010 10:21:15 AM
Old 04-06-2010
yes, that's true. By giving the ip to the interface I can select the interface for service ip ;

My question is without the IP can i still select the interface for Service IP ?

In POWER HA 5.5 there is a new feature called IP distribution ?

2nd Question: For disk heart beat, it is must the VG should be enhanced concurrent ??

Yes, for the disk heart beat it is must that the VG has to be enhanced concurrent otherwise it will be not detected through automatic discovery.

Last edited by filosophizer; 04-07-2010 at 09:15 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with the SSH & Telnet Service

Hi gurus of Unix, I am newby in Unix, I need to Know the following. How I know if SSH & Telnet service is UP in Solaris? Please I appreciate your answer Regard Andres (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SMF to register & start a (Nagios) service

I'm trying to register & start a service using SMF on Solaris 10. It's nsca, part of the Nagios monitoring system. I've got nsca running fine as a detached process, and can manually create passive checks via send_nsca. But when I try to run nsca as a daemon, I need some advice. The nsca... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyle
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How is the after sales Service of HP,Dell & Toshiba in India?

Since i was planning to buy a laptop i was just wondering how Problematic these brands products are and how is the after sales service & warranty issues in India(Delhi). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leyvanom
1 Replies

4. AIX

Power HA 7 repository disk unmirrored?

hi guys, I don't like the new concept of the power ha 7 cluster with the repository disk and the internal solidb, I really would like to mirror this disk, but the "IBM PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 for AIX" redbook says, normal lvm operations should not be performed on this disk. even mirroring the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Heart beat monitor using android

I just had this idea of using Android (a linux derivative) to monitor heart rates of patients with a history of cardiac problems. There are plenty apps around that monitor heart rates, but none for people that require medical attention when their heart rate drops below a certain level for more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present && the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet

Hi Team when I boot the server I get this 2 errors : the disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present and its stay like that , I m using Ubuntu 12.04 please if someone have any idea how to fix that problem . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SULTAN01
1 Replies

7. AIX

Power machine 720 SAS disk

Hello, I would like to check how many SAS disks and its size per disk for the whole power system. As per my understanding, if we assign the SAS controller to LPAR, then we can see the disk in lpar smitty command. How can we check from the Power machine(physical ones) as well? I think the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
5 Replies
ifplugd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ifplugd(8)

NAME
ifplugd - A link detection daemon for ethernet devices SYNOPSIS
ifplugd [options] DESCRIPTION
ifplugd is a daemon which will automatically configure your ethernet device when a cable is plugged in and automatically unconfigure it if the cable is pulled. This is useful on laptops with on-board network adapters, since it will only configure the interface when a cable is really connected. It uses your distribution's native ifup/ifdown programs, but can be configured to do anything you wish when the state of the interface changes. It may ignore short unplugged whiles (-d option) or plugged whiles (-u option). ifplugd may be used in "compatibility mode" by specifying -F on the command line. Than ifplugd will treat network drivers which do not sup- port link beat querying as always online. OPTIONS
-a | --no-auto Do not enable interface automatically (default: off) -n | --no-daemon Do not daemonize (for debugging) (default: off) -s | --no-syslog Do not use syslog, use stdout instead (for debugging) (default: off). -b | --no-beep Do not beep (off) -f | --ignore-fail Ignore detection failure, retry instead. Failure is treated as "no link". (default: off) -F | --ignore-fail-positive Ignore detection failure, retry instead. Failure is treated as "link detected". (default: off) -i | --iface= IFACE Specify ethernet interface (default: eth0) -r | --run= EXEC Specify program to execute when link status changes (default: /etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action) -I | --ignore-retval Don't exit on nonzero return value of program executed on link change. (default: off) -t | --poll-time= SECS Specify poll time in seconds (default: 1) -u | --delay-up= SECS Specify delay for configuring interface (default: 0) -d | --delay-down= SECS Specify delay for deconfiguring interface (default: 5) -m | --api-mode= MODE Force a specific link beat detection ioctl() API. Possible values are auto, iff, wlan, ethtool, mii, and priv for automatic detec- tion, interface flag (IFF_RUNNING), wireless extension, SIOCETHTOOL, SIOCGMIIREG resp. SIOCPRIV. Only the first character of the argument is relevant, case insensitive. (default: auto) -p | --no-startup Don't call the script to bring up network on deamon start (default: off) -q | --no-shutdown Don't call the script for network shutdown on deamon quit (default: off) -w | --wait-on-fork When daemonizing, wait until the background process finished with the initial link beat detection. When this is enabled, the parent process will return the link status on exit. 1 means link beat detected, 2 stands for link beat not detected, everything else is an error. -W | --wait-on-kill When killing a running daemon (with -k) wait until the daemon died. -x | --extra-arg= ARG Specify an extra argument to be passed to the action script. -M | --monitor Don't fail when the network interface is not available, instead use NETLINK to monitor device avaibility. The is useful for PCMCIA devices and similar. -h | --help Show help -k | --kill Kill a running daemon (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to kill) -c | --check-running Check if a daemon is running for a given network interface. Sets the return value to 0 if a daemon is already running or to 255 if not. -v | --version Show version -S | --supend Suspend a running daemon. The daemon will no longer check the link status until it is resumed (-R) again. (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to suspend.) -R | --resume Resume a suspended daemon. (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to resume.) -z | --info Request that a running daemon shall write its status information to syslog. (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to send the request to.) FILES
/etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.conf: this file is sourced by the init script /etc/init.d/ifplugd and contains the interface to be monitored and the options to be used. /etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action: this is the script which will be called by the daemon whenever the state of the interface changes. It takes two areguments: the first is the interface name (eg. eth0), the second either "up" or "down". /var/run/ifplugd.<iface>.pid: the pid file for ifplugd. ENVIRONMENT
The action script will be called with two environment variables set: IFPLUGD_PREVIOUS The previous link status. Either "up", "down", "error" or "disabled". The former values should be obvious, the latter is set on daemon startup. IFPLUGD_CURRENT The current link status. See above for possible values. SIGNALS
SIGINT, SIGTERM ifplugd will quit, possibly running the shutdown script. This is issued by passing -k to ifplugd. SIGQUIT ifplugd will quit, the shutdown script is never run. SIGHUP ifplugd will write its status information to syslog. This is issued by -z. SIGUSR1 ifplugd will go to suspend mode. (-S) SIGUSR2 ifplugd will resume from suspend mode. (-R) AUTHOR
ifplugd was written by Lennart Poettering <mzvscyhtq (at) 0pointer (dot) de>. ifplugd is available at http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/ifplugd/ SEE ALSO
ifplugd.conf(5), ifup(8), interfaces(5), ifconfig(8), ifplugstatus(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xmltoman(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User ifplugd(8)