Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to capture oracle function returning 2 values in unix Post 302410162 by trichyselva on Monday 5th of April 2010 05:55:24 AM
Old 04-05-2010
how to capture oracle function returning 2 values in unix

i have an oracle function which returns two values, one is the error message if the function encounters anything and another one which returns a number

i need to capture both
and pass it on to unix shell script

how to do it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Programming

string returning function

I have two string returning function in ESQL/C char *segment_name(lbuffer) char *lbuffer; {..... and char *get_bpdvalue(f_name) char *f_name; {...... both declared above main() char *get_bpdvalue(); char *segment_name(); my problem is segment_name works on sprintf and strcpy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Values from Oracle to Unix

Hello Experts how do I get a output value from Oracle to Unix . Please give me sample Unix codings Scenario (Filne name : test.sh <argument > ) --------- 1. Passing argument from unix to sql 2. connecting to Oracle & from oracle get output 3. Pass the output to ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishnaramjis
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

5. Programming

returning multiple values from a function in C

hi how can I return multiple values from a C function. I tried the following: #include <stdio.h> void foo(int id, char *first_name, char *last_name) { /* this is just an example to illustrate my problem... real code makes use of the "id" parameter. */ first_name = (char... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning the name of function used

Hi All In my script, I can call on several functions. I have a logging function that is called by any of these functions. What I would like is some way of identifying which function I am using and pass this to the log function as some parameter. Is there some built in command or way of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix capture oracle function error

Hi, I want to execute an oracle function from unix script so for that I created a sample oracle function as below: create or replace function test_fn(test_date out varchar2) RETURN varchar2 IS BEGIN select to_char(sysdate,'DD-MON-YY') into test_date from dual; return test_date;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

9. Programming

Function Returning Pointer

Hi guys. how a functions such fdopen, ... can return pointer? are these functions use static memory(variables)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning and capturing multiple return values from a function

Hi I am pretty confused in returning and capturing multiple values i have defined a function which should return values "total, difference" i have used as #!/usr/bin/ksh calc() { total=$1+$2 echo "$total" diff=$2-$1 echo "$diff" } I have invoked this function as calc 5 8 Now i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies
PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)													      PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_activate - activate a capture handle SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_activate(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_activate() is used to activate a packet capture handle to look at packets on the network, with the options that were set on the handle being in effect. RETURN VALUE
pcap_activate() returns 0 on success without warnings, PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP on success on a device that doesn't support promiscuous mode if promiscuous mode was requested, PCAP_WARNING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the time stamp type specified in a previous pcap_set_tstamp_type() call isn't supported by the capture source (the time stamp type is left as the default), PCAP_WARNING on success with any other warning, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if the handle has already been activated, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE if the capture source specified when the handle was created doesn't exist, PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED if the process doesn't have permission to open the capture source, PCAP_ERROR_PROMISC_PERM_DENIED if the process has permission to open the capture source but doesn't have permission to put it into promiscuous mode, PCAP_ERROR_RFMON_NOTSUP if monitor mode was specified but the capture source doesn't support monitor mode, PCAP_ERROR_IFACE_NOT_UP if the capture source is not up, and PCAP_ERROR if another error occurred. If PCAP_WARNING or PCAP_ERROR is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display a message describing the warning or error. If PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, or PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display an message giving additional details about the problem that might be useful for debugging the problem if it's unexpected. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP) 5 April 2008 PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)