Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH Connection To Oracle
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH Connection To Oracle Post 302409989 by gameplan on Saturday 3rd of April 2010 02:27:26 PM
Old 04-03-2010
yes the scenario stated is possible

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix + oracle connection

Requirements: Using a shell script I have to check the 4 values from a table in Oracle and then store the result as "Y" in a Unix variable if the values are desired and "N" if the values are not desired. Explanation: There is a table abc in oracle which has 4 fields. if all the four values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: decci_7
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Oracle 9i ODBC connection

I am attempting to access an Oracle 9i database located on a Solaris server from an XP client. The server is running Oracle 9i9.2.0.1.0 and the XP is Oracle client 9i 9.2.0.1.0. When I start a listener on the server, the listener starts but I receive a message “The listener supports no services”. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get two variables from oracle in a single connection

Hi all In my script i am getting two variables year and month from oracle by making two connections. In the first connection i am getting varaibel year and again i am making another connection and getting month variable from oracle. Is there any way i can get two field values from oracle and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle connection with UBUNTU

Hi all, Will I be able to connect to oracle using UBUNTU. If so, can any one provide me the steps. I want to try table archival and sql loader using control files. Please do help. Thanks, Raaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raaga
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Oracle connection error

I've a Centralized Server which can connect to all Oracle Databases. When I was trying the below code it doesn't work, But tnsping was working fine. #!D:/perl5/bin/perl.exe use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:QBDIWCE', 'IDUSER', 'SECRET123#' ) || die( $DBI::errstr . "\n" ) ; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help in pro*c for Oracle connection

hi, am making oracle connection through pro*c using the following command sample: exec sql connect username identified by password. but m getting the following errors frequently even though listener and db is running fine but some times code is working fine and not giving errors. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)