Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Serial Split Brain detected in solaris10 Post 302409886 by reborg on Friday 2nd of April 2010 09:39:52 PM
Old 04-02-2010
yep, forgot the "unstale", see updated command below.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Brain Bench Certification

Hi, Can anybody provide me Pointers to Practice tests or any Material to prepare for Brainbench certification in Unix Shell Scripting? Also how good is this Certification for UNIX programmers. Is it worth it? I'm planning to take this certification in 2 weeks. Kindly let me know all the pros... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_emani
0 Replies

2. Programming

C Brain Teaser

Dear Gurus, I have encountered a C question, which I thought of sharing with you. This question was asked by one of my technical training staff...Though my training was over I'm still thinking of a solution for this.. Write a C program to do a small task(lets say just simply printing a "Hello... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
34 Replies

3. Programming

Brain Teaser Extended

Hi Gurus, To the Brain Teaser, if I add another condition, say the executable should not be altered, how the program should be altered? (no perl please, purely C). I forgot to mention this condition my staff had mentioned. ( forgot then and got now :D ) The program executed the first time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Human Brain project

A global group of scientists are spending the next ten years and a billion dollars to try and develop a computer simulation of the brain: https://www.humanbrainproject.eu/ I always found it fascinating that the brain can understand itself. This almost sounds like in a few years the computer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies
TIME_SECOND(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					    TIME_SECOND(9)

NAME
time_second, time_uptime, boottime -- system time variables SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/time.h> extern time_t time_second; extern time_t time_uptime; #include <sys/kernel.h> extern struct timeval boottime; DESCRIPTION
The time_second variable is the system's ``wall time'' clock. It is set at boot by inittodr(9), and is updated periodically via timecounter(9) framework, and also updated by the settimeofday(2) system call. The time_uptime variable is a monotonically increasing system clock. It is set at boot, and is updated periodically. (It is not updated by settimeofday(2).) The boottime variable holds the system boot time. It is set at system boot, and is updated when the system time is adjusted with settimeofday(2). The variable may be read and written without special precautions. All of these variables contain times expressed in seconds and microseconds since midnight (0 hour), January 1, 1970. The bintime(9), getbintime(9), microtime(9), getmicrotime(9), nanotime(9), and getnanotime(9) functions can be used to get the current time more accurately and in an atomic manner. Similarly, the binuptime(9), getbinuptime(9), microuptime(9), getmicrouptime(9), nanouptime(9), and getnanouptime(9) functions can be used to get the time elapsed since boot more accurately and in an atomic manner. SEE ALSO
clock_settime(2), ntp_adjtime(2), timeval(3), hardclock(9), hz(9) BSD
March 13, 2008 BSD