Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Serial Split Brain detected in solaris10 Post 302409886 by reborg on Friday 2nd of April 2010 09:39:52 PM
Old 04-02-2010
yep, forgot the "unstale", see updated command below.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Brain Bench Certification

Hi, Can anybody provide me Pointers to Practice tests or any Material to prepare for Brainbench certification in Unix Shell Scripting? Also how good is this Certification for UNIX programmers. Is it worth it? I'm planning to take this certification in 2 weeks. Kindly let me know all the pros... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_emani
0 Replies

2. Programming

C Brain Teaser

Dear Gurus, I have encountered a C question, which I thought of sharing with you. This question was asked by one of my technical training staff...Though my training was over I'm still thinking of a solution for this.. Write a C program to do a small task(lets say just simply printing a "Hello... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
34 Replies

3. Programming

Brain Teaser Extended

Hi Gurus, To the Brain Teaser, if I add another condition, say the executable should not be altered, how the program should be altered? (no perl please, purely C). I forgot to mention this condition my staff had mentioned. ( forgot then and got now :D ) The program executed the first time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrk1219
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Human Brain project

A global group of scientists are spending the next ten years and a billion dollars to try and develop a computer simulation of the brain: https://www.humanbrainproject.eu/ I always found it fascinating that the brain can understand itself. This almost sounds like in a few years the computer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies
scsimgr(8)						      System Manager's Manual							scsimgr(8)

NAME
scsimgr - manage SCSI devices and device databases SYNOPSIS
/sbin/scsimgr -option [operands...] OPTIONS
The Update Options Use the following options to update device special files and the databases: Request that the kernel scan all SCSI buses for devices. If there have been device changes on any of the buses, the on-disk database and device special files are updated to reflect the changes. Note The scan_all command should be used with caution. On systems with a large number of SCSI buses, the -scan_all option can take a long time to run and can affect the performance of other processes accessing SCSI devices. Request that the kernel scan the speci- fied bus for devices. If there have been device changes on the bus, the device special files are updated to reflect the changes. Request that the kernel scan the specified bus for a specific device. If there has been a change to the attributes of that device, the device special file for the device is updated to reflect the changes. Synchronizes the information in the device special files and the kernel in-memory database. OPERANDS
The following operands are used in many of the command options. Other operands are unique to individual options and are defined with them. The number of a bus. The number must be 0 or larger. The number of a target device. The range of the number is 0 to 15. DESCRIPTION
Note See the hwmgr(8) and dsfmgr(8) reference pages for information on utilities that supersede the scsimgr utility. The scsimgr utility automatically makes device special files for new devices. The scan options stop updating the device special files for a device when they encounter an error. EXIT STATUS
The following is the exit status when the command runs from a program: Success. Failure. FILES
Executable image. System configuration options. Contains an entry to define /scsimgr utility to boot process. SEE ALSO
Commands: hwmgr(8), init(8), MAKEDEV(8) Files: sysconfigtab(4) SCSI-2, SMALL COMPUTER SYSTEM INTERFACE - 2 (X3.131-1994) scsimgr(8)