Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Report Generation with Grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Report Generation with Grep Post 302409824 by bharath.gct on Friday 2nd of April 2010 09:20:21 PM
Old 04-02-2010
Thanks Frans for the quick response.

I think I dont have GNU date. I am working on KSH on an IBM AIX OS. Below is the error that I got.

Code:
date: Not a recognized flag: d
Usage: date [-u] [+"Field Descriptors"]
date: Not a recognized flag: d
Usage: date [-u] [+"Field Descriptors"]

Let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Bharath

---------- Post updated at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:34 PM ----------

Ok finally found a way!! Wrote a simple awk function to do that (only time difference within a day) Atleast thats what I needed:

Function:
Code:
TimeDiff ()
{
	echo `echo "$1" | awk 'BEGIN {
   	split("3600 60 1", sec_calc)
   	FS=":|[ ][ ]*"
	}	
	{
	  time1 = 0
	  for (i=1; i < 4; i++)
	    time1 += $i * sec_calc[i]

time2 = 0
	    for (i=4; i < 7; i++)
	    time2 += $i * sec_calc[i-3]

time_diff = time2 - time1
	  hour_diff = time_diff / 3600 
	  calc_diff = time_diff % 3600 
	  min_diff = calc_diff / 60
	  sec_diff = calc_diff % 60

printf("%.2d:%.2d:%.2d\n",int(hour_diff),int(min_diff),sec_diff) 

}'`
}

And called the function in my script as:

Code:
UnldDT=`TimeDiff "$UnldSt $UnldEd"`
LoadDT=`TimeDiff "$LoadSt $LoadEd"`

Thanks all for your time.
Bharath

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Report generation

Hi, I am beginner in shell programming.In a shell script i found a call to a script 'runrep25m',which i think is to generate oracle reports?Could anyone help me by providing some details about its usage With Thanks & Regards Dileep (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- report generation from input file

I have input file with below content: Person: Name: Firstname1 lastname1 Address: 111, Straat City : Hilversum Person: Name : Fistname2 lastname2 Address: 222, street Cit: Bussum Person: Name : Firstname2 lastname3 Address: 333, station straat City: Amsterdam I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

report generation

Hello, I got a requirement in writing a sheel script in unix, please help me out the requirement is there are two folders Folder1 and Folder2 and there are same files in the different folders. like file1,file2 in folder1 and file1 and file2 in folder2. I would like to compare all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmahesh2k
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation

Hello, I got a requirement in writing a KSH script in unix, please help me out the requirement is there are two folders Folder1 and Folder2 and there are same files in the different folders. like file1,file2 in folder1 and file1 and file2 in folder2. I would like to compare all the similar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmahesh2k
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk report generation problem

Hello everyone, I have a list of inputs as below. My logic is to get the particular powerdisk which matches for ASM disk which means take the major & minor number of each asm disk and matches with powerdisk info then get the particular powerdisk $ ls -l /dev/asm_* ---> ASM disk info... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan84
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Report Generation

hi all i need to generate a report file that contains the following details of files present in a directory. 1. File name 2.Complete path for each files and directory 3.File size 4.Days older example i have a directory testing that contains sub-directories and some files. i need to make a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation based on certain conditions

Hi I recently joined a project where I have been asked to generate a report using shell script accessing UNIX box. I have no idea on how to do it as I am a beginner and learning shell scripts. Suppose I have a XML: Code: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation using perl script

Hi, I have a perl script to read the log file and create a report from it. I have the script file and log file in a different directories. Now i have pipe the log file data to the perl script to create the report (HMTL file). I am using the below command this isn't working tail -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk and grep for sql generation

Hi, I have a file pk.txt which has table related data in following format TableName | PK Employee | id Contact|name,phone,country I have another file desc.txt which lists datatype of each field like this: Table|Field|Type Employee|id|int Contact|name|string Contact|country|string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Report generation using script

Hi all I have a unix script that generates a report with the following information: uptime, mounted file systems, disk usage (> 90% --> critical, <75%-90%> --> warning, < 75% healthy), Mem usage, CPU usage and load average. But I would like to create one single report containing all this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
5 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)