Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with bash find command Post 302409659 by turdferguson on Thursday 1st of April 2010 09:44:12 PM
Old 04-01-2010
Thanks, that did it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find command

Hi, I am using the find command to remove all the files in a directory ending .NEW and created more than a day ago. The command I am using is: find . -name '*.NEW' -ctime +1 | xargs rm The problem is that it does not work properly. I still have files which were craeted more than a day... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find command

Hello Friends, When i give the command from path from path /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/docs:- find /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/docs/ . -depth -name license_*.html I get the following output:- /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/docs/zh_Hant/jre/license_zh_Hant.html... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Find command

Hi, I have a script below,which reads dates from No_weekandMonthend_dates.txt performs the copy operation. for i in `cat /tmp/No_weekandMonthend_dates.txt` do cd $Gerenimopath/ZH_LP find . -type f -name "$i_*.txt" -exec cp {} /home/gaddamja/TempLocal \; cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script problem using find, ideas?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to search through my computer and find all .jpg files and put them all in a directory. So far I have this: for i in `find /home -name '*.jpg' ` ; do mv $i home/allen/Pictures/PicturesFound ; done When I run it, I get this error (this is only part of it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FortressPTH
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in find command

I am facing problem in find command. I want to read all file names of a directory and write those names in a text file. My script is find /home/Pratik/src -type f -exec basename {} \; >> names.txt The script is working fine and writing all the file names but problem is file names are not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikjain998
5 Replies

8. Programming

Bash script - find command with delete and exec

hi all, i have devised a script that starts in /restored/ and in there, there are a lot of sub folders called peoples names and in the sub folders are files/folders and it deletes the data in the sub folders BUT not the sub folder itself and it should then touch a file in all the sub folders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash command to find a file and print contents

I need to find a file and print its contents I am trying but it is not working find -path /opt/app-root/src/.npm/_logs -type f -name "*.log" -print Version $ bash -version GNU bash, version 4.4.12(1)-release (x86_64-pc-msys) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SVRao19056
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash find : another problem with prune

Hello. I am searching file between dates and try to apply the comments from Chubler_XL in my thread : Linux find command : how to use multiple conditions But i get a null result as i am expecting to find 32 files. Setting my computer date to the date of the thread ( 30/05/2019 ) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)