Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ILOM question on T5120 server Post 302409246 by System Shock on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 12:59:55 PM
Old 03-31-2010
The http portion does not need to be enabled. Why would a serial connection require a TCP/IP service to run?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ILOM Configuration in Galaxy x4100 server

Hai All I rquire a small help for Galaxy x4100 server, when we are trying to sepup ILOM through CLI it gives following error on commitpending=true steps. set pendingipaddress=172.21.142.158 Set 'pendingipaddress' to '172.21.142.158' -> set pendingipgateway=172.21.142.5 Set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sure.solaris
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to hardware RAID 1 on T5120

Hi, I have t5120 sparc and I have 2 146 G drives in the system. I will be installing solaris 10 and also want the system mirrored using Hardware RAID "1" The System did come preinstalled as it comes from sun. I did not do much on it. I booted system using boot cdrom -s gave format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

3. Solaris

firmware update on t5120

Hi, I am using 3 t5120 sparc systems, OS solaris 10. I am confused by update manager behaviour and sun support. Sun support guy, tells me install patch : 136932-09 (#136932-09: Hardware/PROM: SPARC Enterprise T5120 & T5220 Sun System Firmware with LDOMS support) When I checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

4. Solaris

change root password on t5120

hi all, i have a problem with a sun server, since a while the root password has been lost and now that we need to give maintenance to the services hosted in it, we cant access it, i tried a method to change it by booting from cd but i cant direct the server to boot from the cd. (The server is on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
3 Replies

5. Solaris

conecting to t5120 with hyperterminal....

greetings. im a very new user to solaris (and to servers for that matter) and i need to conect to a t5120 sun server, i tried using the SER-MGT port on the back of the server, then to a rj-45/db-9 adaptor, and to a serial-usb adaptor (my laptop doesn't have a com port). when i try to conect with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun T5120 hardware RAID question

Hi everyone I've just purchased a Sun T5120 server with 2 internal disks. I've configured hardware RAID (mirror) and as a result the device tree in Solaris only contains 1 hard drive. My question is, how would I know when one of the drives become faulty? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Access to ILOM (V440 server)

I have ALOM working on our V440 server but is there a way to get ILOM working on this server? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: New2Sol
8 Replies

8. Solaris

SP T5120

I have 2machines, 1 T5120 and 1 T5240. Just wandering everytime we have powershutdown, I need to connect thru SP console to boot the T5120. The other machine T5240 is ok and can boot normally after I press the power button. On T5120, no matter how I press the power button, it just stays there,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

9. Solaris

T5120 2g ram

Anyone run into an issue where a new Solaris 11.1 install on a t5120 will only have access to 2g ram? The system has 16g installed and fmadm isn't reporting any problems. Here's some output that may help. Oh, and this is a brand new operating system install, there's no zones, ldoms, rcap or the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
6 Replies
netx(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   netx(8)

Name
       netx - TCP/IP net exerciser

Syntax
       /usr/field/netx [ -h ] [ -tn B ] [ -pm ] nodename

Description
       The  exerciser  sets  up a stream socket connection to the server in the TCP/IP internet domain. With connection made, the exerciser writes
       random data to the server; the server loops the data back to and the data is read and verified against the data written out.

The exerciser runs in conjunction with the server.

The exerciser by default will use the port number of the echo service in the file. Make sure that the TCP echo service is  enabled  in  the
       file  (no `#' in front of the service). The exerciser will run until or kill -15 pid is sent to the process.  The nodename is the remote or
       local system host name running the server.

Options
       The netx options are:

-h	 Print the help message for the command.

-tn	 Run time in minutes (n).  The default is to run until the process receives or kill -15 pid.

-pm	 Specify port number to use in internet domain (m < 32768).  Note that this option is not used with  the  server,  so  you  should
		 never have to use this option.

Restrictions
       If  there  is  a need to run a system exerciser over an NFS link or on a diskless system, there are some restrictions.  For exercisers that
       need to write into a file system, such as the target file system must be writable by root.  Also the directory, in which any of	the  exer-
       cisers  are  executed,  must be writable by root because temporary files are written into the current directory.  These latter restrictions
       are sometimes difficult to overcome because often NFS file systems are mounted in a way that prevents root from writing into them.  Some of
       the restrictions may be overcome by copying the exerciser to another directory and then executing it.

Examples
       The following example exercises the TCP/IP network from the local host to node keel until a or kill -15 pid is received:
       % /usr/field/netx keel
       The following example exercises the TCP/IP network from the local host to node photon for 180 minutes in the background:
       % /usr/field/netx -t180 photon &

See Also
       Guide to System Exercisers

netx(8)