Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling function in awk statement. Post 302409118 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 07:57:59 AM
Old 03-31-2010
Why do you need to do that? Pipe the result of the function to awk
Code:
myFunk inputfile | awk '{ do awk things here}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a function

I have created a file generic.func and it has lots of functions. One of the functions is this: Check_backup_size() { dsmc q b $BACKUP_DIR/"*.Z" | awk '{print $1}'|sed 's///g' > outputfile X=`awk '{sum += $1} END {print sum }' outputfile'` echo "$X" ls -ltr $BACKUP_DIR/"*.Z" | awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashika
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling function inside awk

Hi All, My 1.txt contains some functions fun1() .... .... fun2() .... .... I can call these fun from 2.txt inside awk as below value="`fun1 "argument1"`" awk 'BEGIN {printf ("%s", "'"$value"'")}' I need to modify the above code so that without using the variable to store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a value from called function to the calling function

I have two scripts. script1.sh looks -------------------------------- #!/bin/bash display() { echo "Welcome to Unix" } display ----------------------------- Script2.sh #!/bin/bash sh script1.sh //simply calling script1.sh ------------------------------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Function Problem

Hi, I had a scripts which calls two function. One function will call another function, script is working fine but the second function is not calling the first function. Below is the script #!/usr/bin/ksh fun1() { echo $DATETIME >> Test1.ksh return 0 } fun2() { typeset DATETIME=`date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somu_june
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading function calling statement from a file

Hi, I have a shell script 'sample.sh' which has some functions as below. #fun1 fun1() { date } #fun2() { echo hi } I want to run these functions as background processes and also redirect the output to a file. My function calling statements are in a different file 'sample.cfg' as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama_kodam
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling two function

Hi, I need to run start_load function for two tables. Step 1: if HMAX_TBL_ID and GMAX_TBLI_D are same for tab_name1 then echo message "all table ids are processed" Step 2: go back and call start_load for tab_name2 and check if table id are same for table 2 too. Please let me know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function is calling only once

In my prog if i enter the input for the 1st time it is executing correctly, but for the second time entire script is not executing it just exiting my code is #!/bin/sh checkpo() { echo "Checking the entered PO to create output text file "; IFS=$'\n' set -f var=0 for i in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ceil not working as function in awk statement

Hi, I have the following code in which i am trying to find ceil of 10th & 11th fields. For finding ceil i have a function in the awk statement. When i test it for some values say on command line it gives correct response(say $10=0 & $11=750). But when the same value occurs in a file having more 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Modify File Name in each function before calling another function.

I have a script which does gunzip, zip and untar. Input to the script is file name and file directory (where file is located) I am reading the input parameters as follows: FILENAME=$1 FILEDIR=$2 I have created 3 functions that are as follows: 1) gunzip file 2) unzip file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)