Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HowTo translate KSH Scripts to DOS Batch Files ? Post 302409012 by DeCoTwc on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 03:40:41 AM
Old 03-31-2010
I'm going to second cygwin. I admin 100s of servers, a mix of solaris and RHEL, but use WinXP for my laptop. Cygwin is pretty much the first thing I install. Make sure you choose mintty from the list of shells (it's a really coo/simple terminal emulator).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell script to Dos batch files

Hi friends! I am having some simple shell script files to build postgresql database and all. Now i want to convert those scripts to dos batch scripts(to run on windows XP/2000/NT) because there is no need of unix emulation for latest release of postgresql. Please somebody help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinkna
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Converting UNIX scripts to DOS

Is there a tool available to convert UNIX (BASH Shell) scripts to DOS scripts? I understand that DOS scripting is far inferior to unix scripting, and therfore this conversion may not be possible. Alternativley, perhaps I could convert my Unix scripts to C... then compile it for a windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crozz
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dos batch script

Please dont post duplicate threads :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorcan
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dos batch script

We need to write a dos batch script that does following in order numbered below: Connect to all UNIX boxes using IP,userid and password from a file. validate if login was successful check if there is at least 30mb disk space in the home folder of the user Check if there are any processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraachii
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS batch file to capture routers log

Hi, Please help to write DOS /Perl script to capture router AAA logs to store in file. RADIUS: id 1, priority 1, host 59.163.6.103, auth-port 1901, acct-port 1902 State: current UP, duration 1928071s, previous duration 0s Dead: total time 2798488914s, count 0 Authen:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilanna
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

variable in dos batch file

Sir I have a very old cobol programme (source not availble). On execution and invoking some menu commands, depending upon the "pressed menu commands" it is writing certain values into a dos batch file. At the end of cobol file, this batch file gets exeuted. On keying in the Drive from which you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell, Dos batch

Is the unix shell script equivalent to dos batch command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate csh to ksh

Hi! I need to translate those line in csh (to initialise variable) into ksh construct. Any help would be appreciated! I don't know how to replace them :( Thanks Hulu setenv TestHul "$0 $*" setenv JG `setenvp "JG" "" "$*"` setenv A_1 `setenvp "A_1" "NA" "$*"` Please use next time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patator67
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting DOS Batch file to Shell Script

Hi, This is my DOS Batch file. @echo off echo "Program Name :" %0 rem echo "Next param :" %1 echo "Next param :" "Username/Password" echo "User Id :" %2 echo "User Name :" %3 echo "Request ID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)