Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to build a grep/sed/awk filter Post 302408717 by geetap on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 09:23:56 AM
Old 03-30-2010
Bug Need to build a grep/sed/awk filter

Hi
I need to to direct only the path and the name of the trace file to a new file. How do I use grep/awk/sed filter?
eg.
Code:

ABC.root>cat alert_omc_dg.log | grep trc
ORA-00060: Deadlock detected. More info in file /u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_3555.trc.
ORA-00060: Deadlock detected. More info in file /u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_26570.trc.
ORA-00060: Deadlock detected. More info in file /u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_13896.trc.
Errors in file /u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_24462.trc:
ORA-00060: Deadlock detected. More info in file /u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_565.trc.
ORA-00060: Deadlock detected. More info in file /u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_20888.trc.

output file should have contents like as follows:
Code:

/u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_3555.trc
/u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_565.trc
/u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_20888.trc

The think is here the columns are not fixed in the error lines hence I cannot use cut etc.
Please suggest a way out. Thank you.

Last edited by zaxxon; 03-30-2010 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter parts of a big file using awk or sed script

I need an assistance in file generation using awk, sed or anything... I have a big file that i need to filter desired parts only. The objective is to select (and print) the report # having the string "apple" on 2 consecutive lines in every report. Please note that the "apple" line has a HEX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of awk/sed to filter out fdisk output

Hi , I am trying to filter out the below output of fdisk -l command : fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 42.9 GB, 42949672960 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5221 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of awk or sed to filter out the ouput

Hi, i am trying to get the system model with the help of awk : $ prtconf | awk '/^System Model/' System Model: IBM,8408-E8D but i want just the below outout that is command should chk for pattern <IBM,> and remove it from the final output : System Model:8408-E8D Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Filter using grep, awk or sed

Hi, I'm not very familiar witrh sed or awk and hope the somebody can help me to solve my problem. I need to filter a text report using grep, sed or awk. I would like to cut out text lines with the pattern INFO and if exists the following lines of the pattern DETAILS. I need te keep the lines with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed/cut to filter out records from a file based on criteria

I have two files and would need to filter out records based on certain criteria, these column are of variable lengths, but the lengths are uniform throughout all the records of the file. I have shown a sample of three records below. Line 1-9 is the item number "0227546_1" in the case of the first... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed or grep filter a line and/or between strings

Hi, I have multiple files on a directory with the following content: blahblah blahblah hostname server1 blahblah blahblah ---BEGIN--- aaa bbb ccc ddd ---END--- blahblah blahblah blahblah I would like to filter all the files with awk or sed or something else so I can get below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayupw
6 Replies
TAU2PROFILE(1)							       Tools							    TAU2PROFILE(1)

NAME
tau2profile - convert TAU tracefiles to TAU profile files SYNOPSIS
tau2vprofile [-d directory] [-s snapshot_interval] {tau_tracefile} {tau_eventfile} DESCRIPTION
This program is generated when TAU is configured with the -TRACE option. The tau2profile converter takes a single tau_tracefile (*.trc) and tau_eventfile (*.edf) and produces a corresponding series of profile files. The input files must be specified in that order, with optinal parameters coming afterward. Multi-file TAU traces must be merged before conversion. OPTIONS
-d Output profile files to the specified 'directory' rather than the current directory. -s Output a profile snapshot showing the state of the profile data accumulated from the trace every 'snapshot_interval' time units. The snapshot profiles are placed sequentially in directories labled 'snapshot_n' where 'n' is an integer ranging from 0 to to the total number of snapshots -1. EXAMPLES
The program must be run with the tau trace and tau event files specified in the command line in that order. Any additional arguments follow. The following will produce a profile file array, from the TAU trace and event files merged.trc and tau.edf trace file: tau2profile merged.trc tau.edf The following will convert merged.trc and tau.edf to a series of profiles one directory higher. It will also produce a profile snapshot every 250,000 time units: tau2profile merged.trc tau.edf -d ./.. -s 250000 SEE ALSO
vtf2profile(1), tau2vtf(1), tau2otf(1), tau_merge(1), tau_convert(1) 12/22/2005 TAU2PROFILE(1)