Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with log conversion script. Post 302408643 by morningSunshine on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 06:22:45 AM
Old 03-30-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frans
To scan a file
Code:
while read L
do
# Put the above code here but modify the first line
# S=${1:6}
S=${L:6}
# (... remaining of the code)
done < logfile

Thnx frans. In this part:

Quote:
elif I=$(expr index $P ',')
then # case C
echo -e "$IP port ${P:0:$((I-1))}\n$IP port ${P:$I}"
when there are more than 2 ports separated by comma, the logic does not work. For example, for tcp://1.2.3.4:10,20,30, this is returned

Logged this from host 1.2.3.4 port 10
Logged this from host 1.2.3.4 port 20,30

Secondly, is there a way I can take out 'tcp' in a var instead of removin it. Then I think I will be able to put an -> if [ "$var" eq "tcp" ] then do the flow1 else do flow2...

Best Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Conversion To Ubuntu 8.10

I have a ping script I use on an old Open Step box (I guess its closely related to Mac OS X) and it runs fine, but now I built a system as a backup with Ubuntu 8.10 client and the script needs to be adapted a bit. Can anyone see where or how this needs to be done? The script starts and assigns the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbxfan
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with ASCII conversion

I have a file say "codefile" here ,contains data like this Hi! How are you? I need to covert this data into stram of equivalant ASCII values I wrote follwoing script. #!/bin/bash while read -n1 char do printf "%d" \'$char done < codefile this gives me output ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed - log file monitoring script

hi Gurus, Need to pick your brains on this minor script project. I would like to continuously monitor a log file with sample log messages as below, and if PSOldGen percentage is either 99% or 100% for consecutively 10 times, alert someone. {Heap before gc invocations=46516: PSYoungGen ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenchen722
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most vexing: Sed or Awk scripting for date conversion needed

Hi, I have some files being sent to me that have dates in them in this format: from 1/8/2011 15:14:20 and I need the dates in this format (mysql date format) To 2011-01-08 15:14:20 all I have so far is the regexp that detects the format: sed -r -e 's@\1/\2/\3\4\5\6]::$@do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on Perl Script to Handle Log files that are rotated using logrotate

Hello all, I am working on a perl script which will read weblogic logfile and send the error messages to Zenoss Monitoring tool. At present the script works and it can able to send the error messages to Zenoss. The problem comes when the logrotate has been applied to the weblogic log file. At... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed: script for timely average from log file

Please repost your query: Help needed: script for timely average from log file - Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfs
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of Perl Script to Shell Script..

Hi Guys I am having a perl script that fetches exclude list from a unix client and I trying it to convert it to shell script but I am having issues please help me... #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Getopt::Std; # To turn on debuging (i.e. more information) specify... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
29 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

powershell script to unix shell script conversion.

Here is a powershell script to use restful API to create ticket in our ticketing tool. Can anyone please convert it to a shell script sothat, I can run it in Unix servers, below is the code: $body = @{ Customer= ''test' Summary= 'test summary' Impact= '4-Minor/Localized' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeybhavesh18
2 Replies
log(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    log(8)

NAME
log - Records input and output from a program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/log <logfile> <command> OPERANDS
The file in which to record the interaction being logged. The command to execute. DESCRIPTION
The log program runs <command> and logs the input to and output from <command> to the <logfile> file. Input and output are logged until <command> exits, the log program exits, and the exit status of <command> is returned. The log program is used by the system installation procedure and the it(8) command to create the /var/adm/smlogs/install.log and /var/adm/smlogs/it.log installation log files. RESTRICTIONS
Because the log program is used in the installation standalone environment, program size was the greatest concern in its implementation. The log program does not search for the PATH variable to locate <command> and error messages are terse. The log program causes <command> to take standard input from and write standard output and standard error to UNIX pipes. Some commands will not be able to operate in this environment; therefore, it is suggested that you use the script(1) command instead. UNIX shells will not issue prompts when run from log unless the shell is started with an explicit interactive switch (-i for most shells). For example, log foo.tmp /sbin/sh -i In the previous example, foo.tmp is the name of <logfile>. The log program intercepts end-of-file (usually Ctrl/d). Therefore programs which normally receive end-of-file as an exit command must exit by some other means. ERRORS
Log open error Explanation: The log program was unable to open <logfile>. Verify that the directory exists and that ownerships and permissions are set correctly. Exec Error Explanation: The log program was unable to execute <command>. Verify that you specified a full pathname for <command> and that <command> is an exe- cutable file. Fork Error Explanation: The log program was unable to create one of the processes it requires to log data. SEE ALSO
Commands: it(8), script(1) log(8)