Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk merging files based on 2 complex conditions Post 302408295 by ahmad.diab on Monday 29th of March 2010 06:12:11 AM
Old 03-29-2010
Try the below I hope you like it.

Code:
nawk 'NR==1{split($0,a," ");next}
NR>1&&FNR==NR{for (i=2;i<=NF;i++) { b[a[i]$1]=$i };next}
(($1$2) in b){print $1,$3,$2,b[$1$2],$4}
' OFS="\t\t" input1 input2 | sort -k4 | nawk '
BEGIN{print "IDName\t\tname\t\tColumn1\tIDs\tValue\tIDNo" }
{
split($4,_,"/") ;
if (_[1]==_[2]&&$1==p1){c=1;print $0,c;p1=$1 ;next} ; if(_[1]==_[2]&&$1!=p1){c=1;p1=$1;print $0,c;next} ;
if($4!=p){c++;p=$4; print $0,c }else{print $0,c} ;
}

' OFS="\t"

SmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files based on some key

I have to merge two files: The files are having the same format like A0this is first line TOlast line silmilarly other lines. I have to search for A0 line in the second file also and then put the data in the third file under A0 heading ,then for A1 and so on. A0 portion will be treminated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vandana Yadav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to count no of records based on conditions

Hi I am having files with date and time stamp as the folder names like 200906051400,200906051500,200906051600 .....hence everyday 24 files will be generated i need to do certain things on this 24 files daily file contains the data like 200906050016370 0 1244141195225298lessrv3 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files based on the contents

Hi, I have a file f1 having the contents as below select (<condn>) from dual I have another file f2 having the contents as below 1, 2, 3 I want to replace <condn> in f1 with the contents of f2 I tried using sed like this sed "s:<condn>:`cat f2`:g" f1 The above command resulted in sed:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of all files based on a condition

Hi Friends, I am new to UNIX. I need to merge all the files(to FINAL.txt) in single directory based one condition. Out of all the files one of file will have specific value like :GF01: at any where in the file. so the file which is having :GF01: should be appended at the last. EX:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any script for joining files based on simple conditions

Condition1; If NPID and IndID of both input1 and input2 are same take all the vaues relevant to them and print together as output Condition2; IDNo in output: Take the highly repeated same letter of similar NPID-IndID as *1* Second highly repeated same letter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stateperl
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files based on first column

I had two files file1 and file2. I want a o/p file(file3) like below using first column as ref. Pls give suggestion ass join is not working as the number of lines in each file is nealry 5 C? file1 --------------------- 404000324810001 Y 404000324810004 N 404000324810008 Y 404000324810009 N... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: p_sai_ias
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for making files based on some conditions.

Hi All, I have a text file (code_data.txt) with the followig data. AMAR AB123456 XYZ KIRAN CB789 ABC RAJ CS78890 XYZ KAMESH A33535335 ABC KUMAR MD678894 MAT RITESH SR3535355... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
26 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge input from two files into one based on conditions

Using Linux (bash), I have two files which contain information about berries. Example: file1.txt: Blueberry blue 14 Raspberry red 12 Blackberry dark 4 file2.txt Blackberry sour 4 3 Blueberry tasty 12 78 Strawberry yummy 33 88 I want to merge these two files into one. The desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter file based on seperate conditions

The below awk will filter a list of 30,000 lines in the tab-delimited file. What I am having trouble with is adding a condition to SVTYPE=CNV that will only print that line if CI= must be >.05 . The other condition to add is if SVTYPE=Fusion, then in order to print that line READ_COUNT must... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on 5 conditions

I am trying to use awk to update the below tab-delimited file based on 5 different rules/conditions. The final output is also tab-delimited and each line in the file will meet one of the conditions. My attemp is below as well though I am not very confident in it. Thank you :). Condition 1: The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_solve - Determine systematic corrections from crossovers SYNOPSIS
x2sys_solve -Ccolumn -TTAG -Emode [ COE_list.d ] [ -V ] [ -W ] [ -Z ] [ -bi[s|S|d|D[ncol]|c[var1/...]] ] DESCRIPTION
x2sys_solve will use the supplied crossover information to solve for systematic corrections that can then be applied per track to improve data quality. Several systematic corrections can be solved for using a least-squares approach. Note: Only one data column can be processed at the time. -T Specify the x2sys TAG which tracks the attributes of this data type. -C Specify which data column you want to process. Needed for proper formatting of the output correction table and must match the same option used in x2sys_list when preparing the input data. -E The correction type you wish to model. Choose among the following functions f(p), where p are the m parameters per track that we will fit simultaneously using a least squares approach: c will fit f(p) = a (a constant offset); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, COE. d will fit f(p) = a + b * d (linear drift; d is distance; records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, d1, d2, COE. g will fit f(p) = a + b sin(y)^2 (1980-1930 gravity correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, latitude y, COE. h will fit f(p) = a + b cos(H) + c cos(2H) + d sin(H) + e sin(2H) (magnetic heading correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, heading H, COE. s will fit f(p) = a * z (a unit scale correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, z1, z2. t will fit f(p) = a + b * (t - t0) (linear drift; t0 is the start time of the track); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, t1-t0, t2-t0, COE. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. COE_list.d Name of file with the required crossover columns as produced by x2sys_list. NOTE: If -bi is used then the first two columns are expected to hold the integer track IDs; otherwise we expect those columns to hold the text string names of the two tracks. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -W Means that each input records has an extra column with the composite weight for each crossover record. These are used to obtain a weighted least squares solution [no weights]. -Z For -Ed and -Et, determine the earliest time or shortest distance for each track, then use these values as the local origin for time duration or distance calculations. The local origin is then included in the correction table [Default uses 0]. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is d (double)]. Uppercase S or D will force byte-swapping. Option- ally, append ncol, the number of columns in your binary input file if it exceeds the columns needed by the program. Or append c if the input file is netCDF. Optionally, append var1/var2/... to specify the variables to be read. EXAMPLES
To fit a simple bias offset to faa for all tracks under the MGD77 tag, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Fnc > faa_coe.txt x2sys_solve faa_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Ec > coe_table.txt To fit a faa linear drift with time instead, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -FnTc > faa_coe.txt x2sys_solve faa_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Et > coe_table.txt To estimate heading corrections based on magnetic crossovers associated with the tag MGD77 from the file COE_data.txt, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cmag -Fnhc > mag_coe.txt x2sys_solve mag_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cmag -Eh > coe_table.txt To estimate unit scale corrections based on bathymetry crossovers, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cdepth -Fnz > depth_coe.txt x2sys_solve depth_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cdepth -Es > coe_table.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)